• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who are going to Auburn...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

8-)

New to the forum.  Was at the PapaJohn's bowl.  Living back in Tampa but planning to go to the Auburn game this year.  Lots of great info posted.  Thanks and keep it coming.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

we will bring at least 2000 to this game....  Can't wait.. Already putting money aside for this one!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I dunno about that JoeB, SEC fans flock to stadiums on gamedays regardless of who they are playing.

As for ticket allotments, I don't know what Auburn gives normally, but many schools give the same amount of tickets to teams, regardless of opponent. I would expect at least 5k tickets from Auburn. I really doubt we'll have trouble getting tickets through the school unless Auburn has cut down the allotment.

Actually, SEC Teams do NOT give non-conf visiting foes (non-rivals) many tix...as they only give out large amounts (5,000-8,000) to other SEC Teams...because its a reciprocal agreement...because Auburn would get the same in return for their visiting games.

USF might get 2,000 "official" tix or so...and I'm sure USF Boosters and long-time season tix holders will be first crack at the "official" USF Tix (very good seats...close to the 20 yd line!), plus a few hundred saved for students.

Auburn draws top crowds for almost ALL their games...but some of their non-conf games are "soft"...as they usually open up many of their seasons with 3-4 straight home games...and some fans don't make the long trip to Auburn that many times in a row....so scalping on game-day shouldn't be a problem.

Its a great place to watch a game...the town of Auburn is very good...folks are REALLY  nice (in many cases, locals allow you to park on their yards for FREE!).

If you haven't spent a football weekened in Auburn (GREAT Golf at the Alabama Golf Trail, cool bars/town/nice fans, etc...) its definitely a place were every fan should go at least once...even if its for a non-conf game (SEC Games are NUTS there).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

8-)

It looks like the best bet for lodging for those still looking is in Birmingham.  Would work out great for those flying SWA into Birmingham or those driving even.  I used this http://www.ytbtravel.com/SearchResults.aspx?=HotelResults.aspx to book mine.  Still a wide choice of prices and locations.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

So... have you guys changed your hotel reservation since Auburn is on the 8th now?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Same Hotel, different days. Haven't canceled the original yet, but plenty

of time to do that - in the event things shift one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Same Hotel, different days. Haven't canceled the original yet, but plenty

of time to do that - in the event things shift one way or the other.

Ditto.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

I emailed Eric Soncrant and the dates are for real.  Auburn asked us to accomodate them and being the good school that we are, we did.  So the game is set for Sept. 8th.  Change your plans accordingly.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I'm assuming that Auburn asked courtesy of some prodding from the good folks in Bristol, Connecticut.  8-)