• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CB Jenkins to stay for Senior Year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

heard yesterday on espn radio that Brohm (LOuisville) is considering going pro.

Might be smart for Brohm to consider going pro.  It doesn't seem like the draft is too deep at QB.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

This is a good decision - for Mike and for USF Football.  He can get his degree and also he will get all kinds of pub next year with Trae.  His stock will only rise as he continues to improve and it will mean a bigger paycheck in the long run.  

Can't wait for next year!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  113

this is great news. can't wait till august!! top 10 secondary and hopefully top 10 defense.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68

This is one I am glad I was wrong. I talked to Mike and he was pretty much set on going pro.  I am glad his mom talked some sense into him.  This is going to be the best decision he has ever made.  I would think at least a million dollar decision.  This added to Mike Ford coming, what a great day for USF football.  USFan I have no problem admitting I was wrong.  Good choice Mike and I look forward to watching the best pair of CB's in college football back for another year.  Next year is the year.  The players need to have in there mind BCS or BUST.  Get the mind set now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

...  Next year is the year.  The players need to have in there mind BCS or BUST.  Get the mind set now.

Exactly !

Each team we face is in the way of the Title !

And I am sure they already feel this way. The 2006 season ended in a way to keep the momentum rolling for 2007.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Hope he gets his killer instinct back. He just wasn't the same after "the hit." If he does, his NFL rating will go up. Plus he needs some more bulk to compete in the NFL. BUT I am glad he will be back,  

Not a complete back?  Well Audrey Allison with ECU would disagree with you today.  Jenkins assignment was to cover him and he blanketed him all day.  Allison averaged over 100 yards a game receiving and is considered a first day NFL pick.  Probably not anymore after Jenkins held him to 3 catches for a meaningless 24 yards.  I was afraid the way Jenkins out muscled him all day that the NFL scouts who came to see him would shoot up Jenkins draft status.  To say no muscle it crazy you need to see how Jenkins manned up on him all day, even crowding him at the LOS and never letting Allison get off his block, and that is 6-1 210lbs Allison.

No, consider this a great day for USF that Jenkins decided to stay.  Ford and Hill are good news but Jenkins is great because we already know what we're getting.  A lock down starting corner for one more year.  Thank goodness because with him and Williams manning the corners for one more year pretty much assures us at least 8 wins next year alone.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

I'm curious if the fate of Shurron Pierson played in to  Mike Jenkin's and Stephen Nicholas' decisions to return for their senior year.  Probably not, but you have to look at his failure to reap significant gain from an early entry in to the NFL as a cautionary tale.