• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BASKETBALL HEAD COACH

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

2 choices: support the bball program or don't. All this talk is tiring.

If you dont like the realistic and truthful talk do not read the thread and take time to respond.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 choices: support the bball program or don't. All this talk is tiring.

Who in the thread has said they arent supporting the program?  Just because you think someone isnt doing their job doesnt mean you arent going to be there supporting the team and hoping the win.  Im sure every single "dark sider" would love for our bulls to not lose another game this season and would gladly keep the criticism of mac to a minimum or even stop it all together  if the guy would get more W's.  IMO if he dont show improvement from the last couple of years i say its time to part ways and try to find a better option.    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

I am holding judgement right for the lack of personel Mac has right now.  I think he can coach.  Its not easy when your starting back court is a true freshman and a walk on.  Dont forget a limited bench for now.  He is with out three potiental starters Howard, Jesus, and Gransberry.  I expect Howard to control the ball and be leader on the court.  I see Jesus to bring some scoring and speed.  Size and power is what Gransberry(6'9 270) gives USF inside.    

And this is what most informed, intelligent Bulls fans should be thinking.

If these supposed Bulls fans are REALLY Bulls fans they should be excited about the three players we have coming in and what it MAY do to help the team instead of ******** and moaning about the past. They're not excited because it's too easy to whine like little babies after a loss, but no amount of whining is going to get Mac out of there right now. So, as velcro tactfully put it, just STFU and see how the season turns out.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I am holding judgement right for the lack of personel Mac has right now.  I think he can coach.  Its not easy when your starting back court is a true freshman and a walk on.  Dont forget a limited bench for now.  He is with out three potiental starters Howard, Jesus, and Gransberry.  I expect Howard to control the ball and be leader on the court.  I see Jesus to bring some scoring and speed.  Size and power is what Gransberry(6'9 270) gives USF inside.    

And this is what most informed, intelligent Bulls fans should be thinking.

If these supposed Bulls fans are REALLY Bulls fans they should be excited about the three players we have coming in and what it MAY do to help the team instead of ******** and moaning about the past. [highlight]They're not excited because it's too easy to whine like little babies after a loss[/highlight], but no amount of whining is going to get Mac out of there right now. So, as velcro tactfully put it, just STFU and see how the season turns out.

You think it's easy to come on here and criticize that which OUGHT to be criticized when guys like you lambaste us for not being fans?  You think it's easy using logical arguments and cold hard stats to back up our points when all you do is dismiss it as "darkside" rhetoric?

Please.  You want easy?  Easy is just going with the flow and denying the ridiculously low state to which an athletic program has sunk.

Easy.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Personally, I am confident that the South Florida Bulls Basketball Program will return to where it was under Coach Paschal.  The team is 4-1 right now and many of you who claim to be Bulls fans are calling for the coach's head.  That is very supportive of you guys.  I'm sure many of the players read this forum.  So how does that make them feel when you are putting them down and their coaches?  I bet it makes them feel feal good to know that their fans and fellow students think they are terrible.  JEWBULL should be ashamed of himself for predicting a no-win season for the Bulls.  You guys do not realize what shape the program was in when Coach Mac took over the program.  I was their during the previous coaching regime and during the beginnings of Coach Mac's regime.  The program was left in shambles by SG.  As a good friend of Coach Greenberg, I also know that he admitted to recruiting kids that were of questionable character.  He said that he only cared about their basketball game not what type of person they were or what type of representation they would be for USF.  He also personally apologized to me for the person he had become and promised me that he would never recruit street thugs again.  I have been to many Virginia Tech games and practices and I have seen that he really has changed.  The Hokies are really good guys and they play like a team.  Coach Mac basically had to start the program over from scratch much like Coach Leavitt did in 1996, but did anyone call for Leavitt's head when we went 4-7 two years ago?  When Verdejo and Graynesberry become eligible we will be a solid team.  I don't see anything less than an NIT berth for the Bulls.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I am confident that the South Florida Bulls Basketball Program will return to where it was under Coach Paschal.  The team is 4-1 right now and many of you who claim to be Bulls fans are calling for the coach's head.  That is very supportive of you guys.  I'm sure many of the players read this forum.  So how does that make them feel when you are putting them down and their coaches?  I bet it makes them feel feal good to know that their fans and fellow students think they are terrible.  JEWBULL should be ashamed of himself for predicting a no-win season for the Bulls.  You guys do not realize what shape the program was in when Coach Mac took over the program.  I was their during the previous coaching regime and during the beginnings of Coach Mac's regime.  The program was left in shambles by SG.  As a good friend of Coach Greenberg, I also know that he admitted to recruiting kids that were of questionable character.  He said that he only cared about their basketball game not what type of person they were or what type of representation they would be for USF.  He also personally apologized to me for the person he had become and promised me that he would never recruit street thugs again.  I have been to many Virginia Tech games and practices and I have seen that he really has changed.  The Hokies are really good guys and they play like a team.  Coach Mac basically had to start the program over from scratch much like Coach Leavitt did in 1996, but did anyone call for Leavitt's head when we went 4-7 two years ago?  When Verdejo and Graynesberry become eligible we will be a solid team.  I don't see anything less than an NIT berth for the Bulls.  

Mr Freedom... While I agree with your main point, the part in red...  the answer is yes... people were calling for his head.  Not the majority, but a few.  There will always be that group of people that don't look at the big picture.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Well "the talk" has been going on for some time, so the anti-RMC crowd has not really offered anything different to speak of.  Much like smazza regarding CJL and the football program - smazza will always be there to take a shot at Leavitt (except when we win - then smazza crawls into a hole).  What it shows me is that the easy path is to criticize after every loss, almost to a point some remain perched and ready to dive in with a negative comment.  Once you call for a "coach's head" (a la smazza), it is hard to reverse course and hence becomes almost a job to keep up the heat and criticism.  I hope that should the course change, you will be equally "realistic" and support the same coach you so eagerly criticize (but then again, maybe I don't...   :D )

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I completely understand what you're saying about Greenberg's thug-filled lineup while at USF.  That did give Coach Mac a rought start having to wee through all that garbage.  However, he's several years this side of that now, and it's time for him to start showing that he can field a competitive team in the Big East.  If it doesn't happen THIS SEASON, it won't happen at all.

I really hope it does happen this season, but track record counts for something.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

but did anyone call for Leavitt's head when we went 4-7 two years ago?  

There where a few morons that did.