• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BASKETBALL HEAD COACH

Guest wildrover

there is also a difference, that 4-7 season was one bad season surrounded by many good ones, Mac has yet to have a winning season at USF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Can people just give me a good reason why Mac should still be the coach?

Successful records?

Big crowds?

Successful recruits?  not transfers

Continuity in coaching staff?

Players leaving to another schools?

I am just curious why people like this guy so much even know he loses year after year

How about we don't have the ca$h to buy him out?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I am holding judgement right for the lack of personel Mac has right now.  I think he can coach.  Its not easy when your starting back court is a true freshman and a walk on.  Dont forget a limited bench for now.  He is with out three potiental starters Howard, Jesus, and Gransberry.  I expect Howard to control the ball and be leader on the court.  I see Jesus to bring some scoring and speed.  Size and power is what Gransberry(6'9 270) gives USF inside.    

And this is what most informed, intelligent Bulls fans should be thinking.

If these supposed Bulls fans are REALLY Bulls fans they should be excited about the three players we have coming in and what it MAY do to help the team instead of ******** and moaning about the past. [highlight]They're not excited because it's too easy to whine like little babies after a loss[/highlight], but no amount of whining is going to get Mac out of there right now. So, as velcro tactfully put it, just STFU and see how the season turns out.

You think it's easy to come on here and criticize that which OUGHT to be criticized when guys like you lambaste us for not being fans?  You think it's easy using logical arguments and cold hard stats to back up our points when all you do is dismiss it as "darkside" rhetoric?

Please.  You want easy?  Easy is just going with the flow and denying the ridiculously low state to which an athletic program has sunk.

Easy.

You want cold hard stats? How about 4-1 with 40% of our starters in there?

You want easy? Easy is going with the flow and ******** about past years while overlooking the current and near future situation.

Easy.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Although I really think that Gransberry, Vejerdo, Howard and Cann will help and as Doug Wollard has said is that the mens hoops team MUST show improvement.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I am holding judgement right for the lack of personel Mac has right now.  I think he can coach.  Its not easy when your starting back court is a true freshman and a walk on.  Dont forget a limited bench for now.  He is with out three potiental starters Howard, Jesus, and Gransberry.  I expect Howard to control the ball and be leader on the court.  I see Jesus to bring some scoring and speed.  Size and power is what Gransberry(6'9 270) gives USF inside.    

If these supposed Bulls fans are REALLY Bulls fans they should be excited about the three players we have coming in and what it MAY do to help the team instead of ******** and moaning about the past. [highlight]They're not excited because it's too easy to whine like little babies after a loss[/highlight], but no amount of whining is going to get Mac out of there right now. So, as velcro tactfully put it, just STFU and see how the season turns out.

You think it's easy to come on here and criticize that which OUGHT to be criticized when guys like you lambaste us for not being fans?  You think it's easy using logical arguments and cold hard stats to back up our points when all you do is dismiss it as "darkside" rhetoric?

Please.  You want easy?  Easy is just going with the flow and denying the ridiculously low state to which an athletic program has sunk.

Easy.

You want easy? Easy is going with the flow and ******** about past years while overlooking the current and near future situation.

Easy.

Alrighty then, BBC.  Let's take a look over the next few weeks and see how these new guys help us as we go through the Big East schedule.  I hope you're right and I'm wrong in this case........I just don't think that's going to happen.

And if I (as well as others) are right and we are still near or at the bottom of the conference, I'll be on pins and needles awaiting your excuses and ratioanle as to why you are STILL right in this matter.

Should be fun..........and easy.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

2 choices: support the bball program or don't. All this talk is tiring.

Isn't this a message board where talk is always cheap and no one hasta walk the walk?  The comment just kinda struck my funny BasketBull.  Anyway, IMO, its .500 ball or it's time to cut & run.  CRM can earn a negative one to two game variance only if he makes the BE Tourney.  He can earn a three game below .500 if he beats a ranked conference team and wins a tournament game and not in the same game either.  I'm not a d'sider but Tuesday was kinda ugly and hard to watch.  I'm tired of seeing that and I'm including Greenberg's last two seasons.  And one question for the Basketball purests, CRMs O seems to always have players moving away from the basket.  Is this the reason his O seems to be ineffective or is it just the opponent's good defense?  One thing about CRM's teams, they do play hard to the end.  They never give up.  I don't think I can say that about the last two HC's last two seasons.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42

BBC,

you should follow golf because it is obvious that you do not know anything about basketball.  if you think that our record is impressive you have the same eye sight as helen keller.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
BBC,

you should follow golf because it is obvious that you do not know anything about basketball.  [highlight]if you think that our record is impressive you have the same eye sight as helen keller.[/highlight]

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

Easy.

Easy.

Alrighty then, BBC.  Let's take a look over the next few weeks and see how these new guys help us as we go through the Big East schedule.  I hope you're right and I'm wrong in this case........I just don't think that's going to happen.

And if I (as well as others) are right and we are still near or at the bottom of the conference, I'll be on pins and needles awaiting your excuses and ratioanle as to why you are STILL right in this matter.

Should be fun..........and easy.

By waiting until you see how the team does in BE play with the new guys, you've already made me right because that's all I've been saying. Give him a chance with those players and then judge the team.

BBC,

you should follow golf because it is obvious that you do not know anything about basketball.  if you think that our record is impressive you have the same eye sight as helen keller.

Handicap jokes .... very nice.

Just for future reference, "coach", to you, the W/L loss record doesn't matter. It's who and how they play?