• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BASKETBALL HEAD COACH

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Can people just give me a good reason why Mac should still be the coach?

Successful records?

Big crowds?

Successful recruits?  not transfers

Continuity in coaching staff?

Players leaving to another schools?

I am just curious why people like this guy so much even know he loses year after year

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Can people just give me a good reason why Mac should still be the coach?

Successful records?

Big crowds?

Successful recruits?  not transfers

Continuity in coaching staff?

Players leaving to another schools?

I am just curious why people like this guy so much even know he loses year after year

Well, I can give you several reasons why Mac should keep his job....

1) He um, uhhhhhh..........ummmmmm......... :-/

Okay, let me think..........ah, yes.....

1) The way he has improved..........uhhhhhhhhhh............ummmmmm........... :-/

Now, I just know I can do this......... :-/

Okay, maybe not.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

it isn't about like so much as it is supporting all things USF

sure-- we could all chime in and whine about the team like the darksiders, but then you would have no one to ***** too. We are the ying to your yang (or more like the cheese to your whine)

Guest JulmisteForPrez
it isn't about like so much as it is supporting all things USF

sure-- we could all chime in and whine about the team like the darksiders, but then you would have no one to ***** too. We are the ying to your yang ([highlight]or more like the cheese to your whine[/highlight])

Yeah, I've got to hand it to you there, you guys' blind optimism is extraordinarily cheesy at times.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

who said I was optimistic?

I don't cut and run at the first (or 50th) sign of trouble. I am loyal to my team and all things associated with my team.

You do whatever the hell you want-- it's a free country

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152

I am holding judgement right for the lack of personel Mac has right now.  I think he can coach.  Its not easy when your starting back court is a true freshman and a walk on.  Dont forget a limited bench for now.  He is with out three potiental starters Howard, Jesus, and Gransberry.  I expect Howard to control the ball and be leader on the court.  I see Jesus to bring some scoring and speed.  Size and power is what Gransberry(6'9 270) gives USF inside.    

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this is about support for usf!

there is a fairness issue, mac may or may not be the guy but with all the has happened to this program since he showed up (cusa-BE, disciplin problems, defections, ilness, injuries ect. (some his fault others out of his control) he deserves this year to prove himself.

finally there is a money and preception isssue, we are not BAMA football(fire shula) after he takes you through probation and have the $$$ to buy out old and pay the new guy.

we are stuck with mac for this year like it or not he IS the usf men's bball coach and i support DW MAC and USF unless and until that changes.

ALSO I bullieve DW is on top of this situation and has a short list ready to go if mac does not step up so why do darksiders keep crying?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I am  rooting for them.....big time....and I like Mac's disciplined style.  I think we have a few good players.  If Mac can turn it around and get us to the conference tournament this year (a modest goal, mind you), awesome!  And if he does that and keeps it going, totally awesome!!

The way things have gone though, it's frustrating right now.  Still proud to be a Bull, and still rooting for my team.  So that also means I'm rooting for my school to make proper personnel and hiring decisions.  And if we're in the same ol' rut after this season, I'm rooting for my school to make a change.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Mid South,

I agree, it is frustrating, but you don't go from winning 8 total games last season, to being unbeatable overnight.  We played bad, and there isn't much good that can be said about last nights game.  But it was one game, and one game isn't a trend.  Even two games isn't indicative of anything except that we have the ability to be good or bad and coach has to make the neccessary adjustments during practice and make sure those games are hiccups and not anything worse.

We still have hope, especially with reinforcements coming after just 2 more games (one of which is practically a high school game).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4

Let's stop for a second and look at the X's & O's.

Our players are not prepared to play D1 ball.   Have you seen our offense?  Our players look like they've never seen a 2-3 zone.

Example - Ricmond comes out in a zone and the players look puzzled.  We pass the ball around a couple of times on the perimeter and the result is Bozeman throwing up a bad shot w/ 2 seconds on the shot clock time after time.

How about our out of bounds plays.  I don't think I've ever seen one pass and a basket.  It's always the same pass to half court and then setting up the offense.  This isn't a great example, but it shows his hoops knowledge - high school level.

Richmond put on a clinic of how to play basketball and it was actually fun to watch.  Maybe one day...

Finally, it's not "USF bashing" to recognize that someone is ineffective at doing their job.  I am a season ticket holder and will not accept mediocrity.

OUT