• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those that have never been to bball game!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

There were several signs posted around the business building as well as the dorms that were advertising the double header. If they continue to do taht as well as the team puts a good product on the floor, the Sun Dome will get fuller.

Rizzo, you're absolutely correct. If the team continues putting out an entertaining brand of basketball, people will show up.

Does USF athletics send out coach McCullum or the players to student organizations to invite them to the games? If not, that would be a great idea as well.

GREAT IDEA! MAC WOULD DRAW IN THOUSANDS BY HIMSELF!!

GO MAC!! By the way, when do we play HCC?

What's your *****?  Have you seen who #1 Florida has played so far?  Samford, N. Florida,  Jacksonville, Chattanooga, and Prairie View.  They still have to play such powerhouses as; Western Kentucky, Southern, FAMU, Liberty, and the same Stetson team we play.

Lighten up, Francis, some of you guys need to get laid more.  I'm joking, i'm ECSTATIC that we're 0-3, if we're not playing the football/bcs game, i'd schedule 20 games versus MJCC, HCC, Western Ky, KYJelly, and whoever we get to play us and violate...........

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm fine and really don't need to lighten up.  I asked you a simple question.  What is your beef with our schedule so far?  I know the teams we've played to this point aren't the most exciting or challenging.  I was pointing out that this is common for college basketball.

BTW, how did you know I need to get laid more?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I'm fine and really don't need to lighten up.  I asked you a simple question.  What is your beef with our schedule so far?  I know the teams we've played to this point aren't the most exciting or challenging.  I was pointing out that this is common for college basketball.

BTW, how did you know I need to get laid more?

Mea culpa, we're in violent agreement then.

Re: how did I know?  we/you/me are all men, right, all of us do.  Hoping some kindhearted woman might be reading this to reach out to one of us on Thanksgiving Day.........

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Welcome to the greatest sport in the world Griggsy... and to think I always have to convince people of this :).  

And you speak of a full Sun Dome, I was at that UF game front row center court on Dec. 8, 2001.  We tied it with a dunk at halftime by Will McDonald, and I thought the roof was going to blow off the place.  We camped out for 5 days for those tickets.  I'm still not over that game by the way, as I still have visions of Matt Bonner and David Lee in my nightmares.  

P.S.  If you reallly want them to hear you, go to a women's game.  You can get a ref to change a call at those sometimes if your timing is good!

By far the best game i have ever been to as usf.  

DAvid Lee and Bonner did destroy us, but Bonner knew his name as Matt ***** that day.  I sat student section behind the basket.  Great game

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Holy @##@$%!!!!!

Ok so Im a southern boy right? Born and raised in south Georgia. Huge college football fan my entire life. Basketball? Yeah who cares...

Tonight I got out of my evening class early and saw that had the bball game going at 8pm.  I was parked in the Sun Dome lot...no excuses.

WOW what a good time.  For those of you who have (for whatever reason) never gone to a bball game, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Very energetic, and downright entertaining to watch. Much better in person than on TV.  

Plus, the crowd is heard alot more clearly by the opposing team. God, I dont think I'll ever get the "Laaarssoooon, Laaarsooon" out of my head. LOL.   Im definitely gonna start attending these regularly.

Just thought Id pass the word. Wow what a fun game. Go Bulls!

I'm glad someone is attending!  I need to start going... classes have conflicted so far.  I need to go drink my first beer in the dome! (couldn't drink for the last two years of pep band... grrr....)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Don't go bashing on this guy. The casual USFer doesn't go looking on gousfbulls.com nor do they probably read the oralce specials about the bball team. We all know we can look up the schedule and times online, but that doesn't mean someone who is new to USF or sports in general is going to look it up. Athletics should be seeking to attract new fans to the games (those who know very little about it). You advertise to attract these people, those who know about the team, schedule, and players already attend.

Ah the 2nd argument to the typical story of how USF could do 'more' to get to the casual fan.  If a casual fan doesn't peruse the internet, doesn't read the paper, and refuses to take notice when a print or media ad promotes the game then how do you reach them?  Is it back to my original suggestion and that is beat them over the head and drag them in?

They've got to want to come, clearly that starts on the court and winning.  But if they're not even going to make an effort to look, or for that matter if they see something about it in the paper but don't take a second glance to get the time and opponent then there isn't much more you can do.  At this juncture USF needs to motivate the students to turnout, and get the alumni behind big games.  Last nights crowd was small, probably close to the 2,500 listed if you counted everyone spread out all over the place.  The students were sparce but very loud and into the game and the pep band was great.  Get another 500-600 students like that and the place would be great.

The biggest missing ingredient is just like football.  Get all of those stoggy alum to go to the games.  I have seats seven rows up on the otherside of the benches, all those seats are relatively sold out yet turnout was sparce as that section was lucky if it was half full.  Despite shelling out $400-500 a tix some don't attend for the games.  Get all of those donors to attend or give their tixs out, and get that additional students to attend and the Dome will be fine.  As for the casual fan, well we've basically got to hope that eventually they take time out from their busy schedules to get hooked on USF Hoops.  USF's doing a lot, you can't force people to go, and if they're not even going to take the time to find out when the game is going to be played when the information is located in virtually every media outlet in the area the day of, and days before the game, then they were never really going to go in the first place.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah Collin... I still have bad nightmares over that red headed slut and David's thunderous dunks on our team... that place was rocking though coming into halftime. Maybe one day we'll see our stadium like that again. Here's hoping...

There was a panoramic stadium photograph that day of the game... wonder if someone could post it on here to make some bullievers out of these new guys on here. Personally, I would to get a hold of that photo myself and frame it with my other USF memorabilia. It was a sea of students that day and the beautiful yellow shirts. By far the best and worst game I was ever associated with... has more meaning to me than the first play I got in Ray Jay. And I dreamed forever about playing college football while growing up. The USF-UF game was powerful... wait until the football game. We seriously need to medical redshirt Matt Grothe so he can be a senior in 2010.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  99

The fact is, our athletic dept. puts no effort into promoting the games, for any sport really.   I never hear anything about the games until they're over. The only info I really get is from this message board. Somebodys' gotta let people know what there missin out on. Flyers, radio, tv ad's, whatever. Heck, send the players out on campus during the week to hand out flyers and promote.

Maybe they could beat you over the head with a stick and drag you in too.  I get sick of reading these lazy fan posts, about why not call me whenever we have a game so I know.  Nevermind that there was a newspaper ad for this game, never mind it's on USF's OFFICIAL Website, nevermind there is a complete schedule in the Oracle or articles about the game that night in the Oracle, Times, and Tribune....nevermind they've passed schedules all over the city to anyone willing to take them....

Nope, now you've got to blame someone for your inability.  I'll make it really simple on you...read the paper.  No better yet here's a link to the schedule for the hoops team on the OFFICIAL website.  http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=&SPID=2923&SPSID=36688

Now, we have another game next Monday night against Stetson at 7PM.  Once you arrive be sure to find a table at one of the entrances that is chocked full of schedules, posters, programs, etc.  Take one of the pocket schedules and stuff it into your wallet.  THEN YOU'LL HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES.  

If you need a personal reminder or a chaperon well that's out of my hands.

Wait, I have to click the link to get the info? Man, athletics isn't making it easy for us at all.

I wasnt sayin its hard to get info about a game. Everyone knows how to look up a game. Im sayin the AD needs to do more to get our 45,000 students to the games.  Many of our students just aren't motivated to go to a game. They "have better things to do".  It shows in our attendance and we need more.