• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those that have never been to bball game!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

If you thought that was great, you need to go to a first round NCAA tournament game or a real basketball school, like Duke. The tournament is a fun festive atmosphere with some great games. Go to a Duke game or UNC game, it is insane. The closest I have seen a USF game to that type of level was last season when we were rallying in the 2nd half against UConn.

Can only imagine what it would be liked for a game with a full SunDome.

I bet its loud as hell. Sound really carries in the Sundome. Ive never been to a sporting even where I felt like I really had to watch what I say because I felt like people on the field of play could hear me. oh the possibilities.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I can't wait to see that place packed.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Holy @##@$%!!!!!

Ok so Im a southern boy right? Born and raised in south Georgia. Huge college football fan my entire life. Basketball? Yeah who cares...

Tonight I got out of my evening class early and saw that had the bball game going at 8pm.  I was parked in the Sun Dome lot...no excuses.

WOW what a good time.  For those of you who have (for whatever reason) never gone to a bball game, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Very energetic, and downright entertaining to watch. Much better in person than on TV.  

Plus, the crowd is heard alot more clearly by the opposing team. God, I dont think I'll ever get the "Laaarssoooon, Laaarsooon" out of my head. LOL.   Im definitely gonna start attending these regularly.

Just thought Id pass the word. Wow what a fun game. Go Bulls!

If you thought that was great, you need to go to a first round NCAA tournament game or a real basketball school, like Duke. The tournament is a fun festive atmosphere with some great games. Go to a Duke game or UNC game, it is insane. The closest I have seen a USF game to that type of level was last season when we were rallying in the 2nd half against UConn.

Can only imagine what it would be liked for a game with a full SunDome.

Ok...I'll show how old I am...my frshman yr....the last time we made the tourny was an awesome yr in the dome. I remember being in a packed sundome when the Bulls took down the Metro leading L'ville cardinals. That place was going NUTS!!!

ahhh the good ol days

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Welcome to the greatest sport in the world Griggsy... and to think I always have to convince people of this :).  

And you speak of a full Sun Dome, I was at that UF game front row center court on Dec. 8, 2001.  We tied it with a dunk at halftime by Will McDonald, and I thought the roof was going to blow off the place.  We camped out for 5 days for those tickets.  I'm still not over that game by the way, as I still have visions of Matt Bonner and David Lee in my nightmares.  

P.S.  If you reallly want them to hear you, go to a women's game.  You can get a ref to change a call at those sometimes if your timing is good!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The UConn game last year was pretty amazing..... Georgetown was fun as well...... Just amagine if we were not down 20-0 or whatever it was to open that UConn game. We could have pulled that one off

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

my first usf b-ball game.....it was a awesome experience...

also more people should try to make it for the wbb....we have one of the best teams

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Well, I am glad that you had a great time. USF basketball games are a big bargain for the entertainment dollar in my opinion. Also, the SUNDOME has become louder since they added those four big scoreboards.  The acoustics are better for sound because your cheers are now bouncing off the four big score boards and back towards the court. Before they had those score boards, a lot of the noise would escape under the bleachers. I have noticed a big difference from before we had the scoreboard to todays new SUNDOME look. The fans will start coming once football season is done, and the BIG EAST schedule is underway. We have some great teams coming in with tradition such as Syracuse and UL. Should be very fun this season if we can win.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yet we dont wanna pass out flyers to get more reactions like this????

even if its just 20 new fans a YEAR.  come on usf athletics.....get off your ass and get people in the sun dome.  specially the students.  there is ZERO excuse that the USF student section is not full every game!!

including the all too common "well if the team was good there would be a crowd"

********!

basketball is such an entertaining game to watch in person!.

go to a game...if you are a student and reading this post...you better be at the next game and bring 3 friends with you!!1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

"well if the team was good there would be a crowd"

To that I say...WELL IF THERE WAS A CROWD THE TEAM WOULD BE GOOD

It really is the amazing the power of having home-court advantage. Look at what happened against South Carolina St. and FIU. The crowd heckled some players to the point that they couldn't do anything on the court (except the ole one finger salute to the students.)

There is a story about Oregon basketball, that in their old arena, it got so loud once that the basketball rims would actually shake from the noise. They had to stop the game and tell the crowd to quite down so the other team could shoot a free throw. That just made the crowd louder and ended up getting a technical foul. That's scary to think how loud it was there.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

There were several signs posted around the business building as well as the dorms that were advertising the double header. If they continue to do taht as well as the team puts a good product on the floor, the Sun Dome will get fuller.