• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nightmare Bowl Scenario

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

this guy didn't even go to homecoming and we care what he has to say why exactly?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

If your happy with that, I feel bad for the rest of the fans that deserve a better show, one that is the same caliber as thier football team.

Therein lies a big part of your problem in trying to yak that up here. Most in here are not 19 yr old girls who go to the game for a freaking SHOW. The very fact that you included the wave in parts of your "great" game time experiences tells me all I need to know ...... Next time you want to take your girls to a football game in Tampa, go to a Storm game. They will absolutely love it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

If we beat syracuse we're in.

I'd like to see us win all of them though.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Instead of the rap music over the PA Hot plays it. The rotation is the Bull, Sexy back, jump on it, repeat. Throw in the fight song when we score.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

100 yrs of tradition don't come quickly.  ::)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Therein lies a big part of your problem in trying to yak that up here. Most in here are not 19 yr old girls who go to the game for a freaking SHOW. The very fact that you included the wave in parts of your "great" game time experiences tells me all I need to know ...... Next time you want to take your girls to a football game in Tampa, go to a Storm game. They will absolutely love it.

Look around, guys like us are the minority at most sporting events!  Most of the people in the stand don't know how many yards rushing a RB averages per carry or that a LB like Nicholas covering a TE down the field is a great play.  We are the minority.  Go to some of the games where their are 80k + in the stands. They are mostly girls, women, children, and older people.  Sure the student section is packed, but they are there for the party.  I would bet that there were just as many hard core FB fans in RayJay as Camp Randall this weekend.  Fans that really know what they are watching, the balance was made up those there for the event.  

Why is this relevant? Because our end zone tickets cost $42 PER TICKET, face value.  Do the math.  There was 81k at that game the cheapest ticket was $42.  Buys an awful lot of stuff. That is why creating an event is so important.  Not for the people like us that would go watch USF at Pepin Root Stadium, but for the fringe fans that spent a lot of money.  It is a business and USF needs to approach it as such.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

3 more wins and the Gator would have a hard time turning us down...

2 more wins and we're a lock to get to a post-season game...

1 more win and we may have a chance, but don't hold yer breath...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

we're already eligible and would have a decent chance of making it already.  if cincy loses to UConn we'd probably be in automatically, especially if boise state loses.

a win against syracuse is a lock.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We could win the next 3 games by 50 a piece and the Gator Bowl won't take us. They were pissed when Louisville only brought 10,000 fans last year. No matter how close it is, the majority of our fan base are not going to be willing to pay $60 a pop for a ticket, and the Gator Bowl is NOT going to roll the dice on a school that brought 4,500 fans to their bowl game last year.

We win 1 more we're 100% in, probably the Birmingham Bowl, not matter what happens from this point.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Look around, guys like us are the minority at most sporting events!  Most of the people in the stand don't know how many yards rushing a RB averages per carry or that a LB like Nicholas covering a TE down the field is a great play.  We are the minority.  Go to some of the games where their are 80k + in the stands. They are mostly girls, women, children, and older people.  Sure the student section is packed, but they are there for the party.  I would bet that there were just as many hard core FB fans in RayJay as Camp Randall this weekend.  Fans that really know what they are watching, the balance was made up those there for the event.  

Why is this relevant? Because our end zone tickets cost $42 PER TICKET, face value.  Do the math.  There was 81k at that game the cheapest ticket was $42.  Buys an awful lot of stuff. That is why creating an event is so important.  Not for the people like us that would go watch USF at Pepin Root Stadium, but for the fringe fans that spent a lot of money.  It is a business and USF needs to approach it as such.

While I do not agree fully with everything you say, I do agree that we could do a little more to attract the casual fan. The problem lies in the fact that unlike most major college towns, we are not the only show in town. A Saturday afternoon in Happy Valley or Rocky Top....what the hell else are you going to do. It is cold, dreary and there isn't anotehr thing to do. In Tamp however we have great shopping, dining, theme parks, beaches, parks, great weather....there is more competition for that entertainment dollar. It will all come in time. Success breeds success, ask the Bucs, ask the Lightning. After our first BE championship (within the next 3 years) our season ticket sales will increase astronomically and the school will be able to pump more money into the gameday experience.