• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett McMurphy is owed an

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, it's not really his fault that his UFing editor favors the Gayturds over USF. Brett is swimming amongst the sharks who at any given time will want to destroy USF and smile as they do it. Brett is a pretty fair shooter. Not like the yahoo that wrote his "wonderful" piece about us and Cincy. That's what happens when his beat is on a bye week! But don't go bashing Brett. He does a pretty good job for us.    Reaper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is evident that the usf fans are taking out their disappointment with football program on BM and that isnt right

he is just the messenger

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

it is evident that the usf fans are taking out their disappointment with football program on BM and that isnt right

he is just the messenger

On this we agree.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

appology from some of you on this board. When he predicted 6-6 you all told him he was crazy. It's looking like thats where we will finish.

Good gosh, the amount of apologies USF is owed by that man cannot add up to the few that told him he was crazy for his prediction.

Also, shame on you for being so cavalier and presuming a 6-6 finish thus far, shame on you as a fan, and person for chastizing other fans for being pro-active and positive.  And particularly shame on you for stating that Bret McMurphy is owed ANYTHING from ANYONE associated with USF.  If you knew the truth then you'd realize that the reality is quite the opposite!

I do not understand this hostility towards Brett.  He has always reported an objective viewpoint about USF, which is all anyone can ask from any reporter for any subject matter.

If he really hated USF, then why would he become the USF beat writer for the Tribune?  I am sure that if he wanted to perform other sportswriter duties, that the Tribune could find some rookie journalist to do the job.

He has answered every question that I have sent him via email or posted on his blog.  He seems pretty accommodating towards us fans; how many reporters would even field questions from fans?  

He is also running that picks contest on his blog and the winners get a USF oriented prize.   I guess he really has an agenda against USF, right?

"Objective" you use that word to loosely.  That man doesn't have an objective bone in his body.  If you had any clue you wouldn't be defending the man like you are....the witch hunts...Cardieri loves him, McCullum loves him, Woolard loves him, Leavitt loves him, Mike Charles loves him....NOT!  That's just a fraction of the USF folks that have fallen under the bus compliments of Mr. McMurphy.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If I owe Brett an apology, then he owes me $0.25 back for the money I wasted to read that story on Amarri Jackson leaving the team that he made up.

That being said... he hasn't been doing such a bad job as of late as far as his coverage goes.

If I owe Brett an apology, then he owes me $0.25 back for the money I wasted to read that story on Amarri Jackson leaving the team that he made up.

That being said... he hasn't been doing such a bad job as of late as far as his coverage goes.

Yeah because he stopped doing it.  Thank Greg Becnel, and the fact he's made his blog into an office pool for a 'pick-em' game.   Read the Times blog, they actually provide good useful information, actual tangible facts about the programs you can't get in the paper.  They do offer opinions, some that we don't like, but in a tactfull and respectful manner.  Instead of having polls about what would be a legit punishment for drug test suspensions, when none of us, including him, have all the facts and could open ourselves up for a civil suit; or chastizing a schedule....

my point is made.  The sad thing is those are the tame things.  Amarri Jackson is another example, and we're still searching for the super secret boosters ready to buy out contracts.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I think Brett wants to see USF succeed. The more the USF Bulls succeed the more coverage they will get which means that more fans will tune in and read his articles. If I were covering a team, I sure as heck would want that team to win just because it helps with your career also.  Brett is tired of reporting a  program that noone seems to care about in the mens hoops. He would have loved to have Huggins hear like many other USF fans in my opinion. If Huggins would have came to USF then you can bet more people would have been interested in the mens hoops team. If you recall, Brett had had it with Seth during his last few years at USF. He just wants to see USF hoops actually mean something to this area for once besides getting an NIT bid here or there.  If anything, I think Brett has become a big fan of USF. He gives great coverage of the womens' hoops team because they deserve it. Not many other reporters would have given Jose's program as much love as Brett has done during the last few years. Give him credit for that at least.

I think Brett wants to see USF succeed. The more the USF Bulls succeed the more coverage they will get which means that more fans will tune in and read his articles. If I were covering a team, I sure as heck would want that team to win just because it helps with your career also.  Brett is tired of reporting a  program that noone seems to care about in the mens hoops. He would have loved to have Huggins hear like many other USF fans in my opinion. If Huggins would have came to USF then you can bet more people would have been interested in the mens hoops team. If you recall, Brett had had it with Seth during his last few years at USF. He just wants to see USF hoops actually mean something to this area for once besides getting an NIT bid here or there.  If anything, I think Brett has become a big fan of USF. He gives great coverage of the womens' hoops team because they deserve it. Not many other reporters would have given Jose's program as much love as Brett has done during the last few years. Give him credit for that at least.

Brett's job is a beat reporter for USF, you do realize that means to earn his paycheck he has to report the news.  He does an OK job at that, I mean if he was ruthless 24 hours a day USF wouldn't even allow any tribune reps at sporting events, and despite what they WANT TO TELL YOU, their chief editors do realize the impact of USF to the community and the impact of fairly reporting them.  If they didn't then why were they so mad when the Times outbid them to be the Official paper of USF!

Huggins?  Don't you dare bring that up because the Tribune is what personified that whole talk.  Why would Huggins come because Brett told you so?  Nothing could have been further from the truth, that was almost an outright lie.  But we'll let sleeping dogs lie since it appears there are still a few readers out there.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

He has answered every question that I have sent him via email or posted on his blog.  He seems pretty accommodating towards us fans; how many reporters would even field questions from fans?  

Greg Auman does...and doesn't have an attitude doing it.