• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett McMurphy is owed an

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

appology from some of you on this board. When he predicted 6-6 you all told him he was crazy. It's looking like thats where we will finish.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We're not 6-6 yet.  Although I didn't bash him for his projection, appologies are needed until we do go 6-6.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I have to give Brett thanks for his coverage of USF these last two days. I loved the media day coverage for both the mens and womens' basketball. And yes, I am going to cheer for Notre Dame so that USF can make a bowl game by going 6-6. Thanks again, Brett.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Do we deserve an apology for the negativity that he puts into his articles about USF?   :-?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

appology from some of you on this board. When he predicted 6-6 you all told him he was crazy. It's looking like thats where we will finish.

First of all, why not wait until the 6th loss before posting something as stupid as this? Second, why are you kissing Brett's ass?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Do we deserve an apology for the negativity that he puts into his articles about USF?   :-?

Dont't fault a man for doing his job, the program should not create negative news to allow him to put into the paper. This is nothing, if we were a college town where all anyone knows is USF, there would be a heck of alot more negative news in the media. I am sure places like Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Florida (just to name a few) get tons of negative coverage.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I do fault him because I feel that even if there were no news at all, he'd still find something negative.  If these stories were basketball related, I'd start to wonder if beastie moonlights as a Trib reporter  ;D

You can obviously see a difference in attitude between Brett and Greg.  Even when something is positive, there is a negative slant from Brett.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I do fault him because I feel that even if there were no news at all, he'd still find something negative.  If these stories were basketball related, I'd start to wonder if beastie moonlights as a Trib reporter  ;D

You can obviously see a difference in attitude between Brett and Greg.  Even when something is positive, there is a negative slant from Brett.

I must admit that Brett hasn't any really bad "episodes" here lately which is refreshing ....  and it's not the negative news I'm referring to, just the little shots, subtle at times, here and there.  ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Some of you guys think anything short gleeful excitement over all things USF is negativity.

As many others have said, USF gets off pretty easy with the negative exposure.  It's nice to have an objective outlet like Brett.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No one is truely objective, no matter how much they think they are.  Everyone has biases and prejudices that influence everything they do.  BTW, columnists are not supposed to be objective.