• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett McMurphy is owed an

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Thought I'd check in here, just because it seems to come up a lot. I can't really say enough to make it clear that my employer's relationship as the official newspaper of USF athletics really has nothing to do with the decisions made by editors as to the content, direction or extent of my coverage of USF athletics.

I can understand why there's a perception that one thing might be a factor in another, but it's really not the case. As a reporter, I'm lucky in that the business interests in the paper are well insulated from the news decisions on the editorial side of the paper. You see ads for USF events in my newspaper, you see frontage for the Times at USF events, yes, but that really doesn't spill over into what I do. So while you're welcome to think my coverage of USF is too positive -- I could argue on that matter separately -- I don't want anyone to think that has something to do with the sponsorship agreement.

Greg, honestly, you really don't need to defend yourself on crap like that, especially when it's coming from an idiot fan of another team with a not so hidden agenda.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic