• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

if you keep using the lousy 2004 season in your analysis, CJL looks like ****.

However-- if you recognize that going to a bowl game last season ERASES that bad year and that we are still 5-3 this season, then no-- he is still on very solid ground.

lies, **** lies and statistics.

LEavitt has this program positioned to win 6 or 7 games per year, with an occasional 2004-type of season. The challenge is to become a consistent 8 or 9 win program. It doesn't sound like much of a leap but its harder than many people.....like smazza....can comprehend.

winning 6 games with a SOS in the 100's is unaccpetable.

please let me know when usf wins 9 1A games with a SOS less than 100.THIS accomplishment doesnt even appear to be on the radar.

at this point usf should never had a 4 loss season again like 2004.there is simply too much talent.

while my expectation may be too high some have unacceptably low expectations

We lost 7 in 2004.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Christ man, we haven't been in the BE and division IA football to have much of any trend.

We've been 1-A for what, four or five years now, right?  Yeah, trends take decades, I guess.  ::)

At least use common sense when you're discussing these topics and choosing to insult our coaches.  If you're not going to use common sense then you're the one that needs help.

We've been 1-A now for five years, but if it was just winning at the 1-A level then the trend is fine.  But we continue to advance forward in conference, competition, and peers.  How can you overlook those facts and still insult people that are doing a great job ALL THINGS considered.

Unreal!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

if you keep using the lousy 2004 season in your analysis, CJL looks like ****.

However-- if you recognize that going to a bowl game last season ERASES that bad year and that we are still 5-3 this season, then no-- he is still on very solid ground.

lies, **** lies and statistics.

LEavitt has this program positioned to win 6 or 7 games per year, with an occasional 2004-type of season. The challenge is to become a consistent 8 or 9 win program. It doesn't sound like much of a leap but its harder than many people.....like smazza....can comprehend.

winning 6 games with a SOS in the 100's is unaccpetable.

please let me know when usf wins 9 1A games with a SOS less than 100.THIS accomplishment doesnt even appear to be on the radar.

at this point usf should never had a 4 loss season again like 2004.there is simply too much talent.

while my expectation may be too high some have unacceptably low expectations

Your lies enrage me, last year we had the 32nd toughest schedule, and played two teams that finished in the top 10 and won six games...so you're point #1 is not valid!

If we wait to let you know when USF wins 9 1-A games with a SOS under 100 will you please not bother posting or coming around until that happens?  Can we at least make that deal?  You don't know a thing, and we all can see that and agree on it, so we promise that when the aforementioned occurs we'll give you a call and then you can come back.  Until then how about ceasing to post or visit.  It would be great for many people.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

Ha, it seemed like just last week we were all so positive and chummy about the progress of Da Bulls...wait it was last week. Everybody, it's one loss. I'm not being naive but c'mon...it can't be easy playing the second of two straight road games in the cold in Cinci, a team who gave Louisville a real test the week previous. Cinci came into the game having played Ohio St, Virginia Tech, and Louisville on the road in a roughly a five week span. 3-4 was prob a realistic goal for them coming into our game Sunday. Im not making any excuses, we executed poorly and Grothe looked like the frosh that (we can easily forget) he is.... we are one of the youngest teams in the country and we had an off-game, big deal! Calling for Leavitt's head, that's ridiculous!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Christ man, we haven't been in the BE and division IA football to have much of any trend.

We've been 1-A for what, four or five years now, right?  Yeah, trends take decades, I guess.  ::)

At least use common sense when you're discussing these topics and choosing to insult our coaches.  If you're not going to use common sense then you're the one that needs help.

We've been 1-A now for five years, but if it was just winning at the 1-A level then the trend is fine.  But we continue to advance forward in conference, competition, and peers.  How can you overlook those facts and still insult people that are doing a great job ALL THINGS considered.

Unreal!

I feel your pain.

It's also unreal how you and others do not read the posts where I say what a remarkable job Coach Leavitt has done in building this program.  I have always said he is the one to hire if you want to build a program from scratch.  But here's the thing, fellas...all that rapid growth is a two-edged sword.  Sometimes, you can actually grow so fast and climb the ladder so rapidly that you get to the "big time" before you might really be ready.

So which is more truthful and honest...me saying that Leavitt and Co. have done a superb job in getting us to where we are, but haven't done much of anything since we got here....or what you say....i.e. Leavitt did a great job in getting us to the Big East and we're doing a great job now that we're here?

Look at the standings (last year and this year) gents.  We're a very mediocre (at best) Big East team right now.  Is it awesome that we're in the Big East?  Absolutely.  But should we lower our expectations now that we've arrived?  I'll guarantee you Coach Leavitt and staff and the players don't have that mindset.  So why should alumni & fans?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I think you have to always consider the circumstances when looking at records. We are 5-3 with Grothe...would we have THAT record w/out him? Compare his start with any other USF quarterback and then get back to me. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't realize 15-17 was a record of ours, this number isn't relative or indicative of anything.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I think you have to always consider the circumstances when looking at records. We are 5-3 with Grothe...would we have THAT record w/out him? Compare his start with any other USF quarterback and then get back to me. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't realize 15-17 was a record of ours, [highlight]this number isn't relative or indicative of anything[/highlight].

Right, right...........if by "this number isn't relative or indicative of anything" you mean that it shows how many games we have won and lost over that stretch.  Other than that one thing (the entire point of playing the games), that number is completely inconsequential.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

By the way..........who the heck said anything about Grothe here?  I love that guy, and I'm glad he's our QB....especially after having watched the debacle at QB the previous two seasons.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think you have to always consider the circumstances when looking at records. We are 5-3 with Grothe...would we have THAT record w/out him? Compare his start with any other USF quarterback and then get back to me. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't realize 15-17 was a record of ours, [highlight]this number isn't relative or indicative of anything[/highlight].

Right, right...........if by "this number isn't relative or indicative of anything" you mean that it shows how many games we have won and lost over that stretch.  Other than that one thing (the entire point of playing the games), that number is completely inconsequential.

I think the point he was making was that 15-17 is inconsequential to the current situation and beyond and he's absolutely correct. His point about what that record would possibly have been with MG at qb for all those 32 games was dead on .... but the 15-17 is a great rallying cry for the piss and moaners.