• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's face the facts, folks...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Cincinnati Blitez on almost every down. Why not run a few slants. As in Quick hitters with our recievers actually running at the time of the catch. And someone please tell Ean where the goal line is.......dang.....

We tried, they kept dropping the ball. Further Cincy was in Matt's face before he could even read the post snap coverage, he didn't have much time in the pocket.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

At least it ain't a shut out.  Did Julmiste have more passing yards than Grothe?

yep.  go figure, huh?  just a bad game for USF...

C/ATT      YDS      AVG      TD      INT

Matt Grothe      11/21      51      2.4      0      1

Pat Julmiste      8/15      80      5.3      1      0

just glad we prevented that shutout

Guest JulmisteForPrez

See what happens when you blitz, guys?  I took a lot of heat on this site last week for suggesting we need to blitz a lot more.  And look what happened to our offense when they were faced with a tough, aggressive, blitz-happy team!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

At least it ain't a shut out.  Did Julmiste have more passing yards than Grothe?

and more WR concussions and bruised ribs as well...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Let’s not forget that the hidden gem is we lost this game because the coach has no faith in his kicking game.  We were down 2-0 with the ball on the 15 and went for it on 4 and 1.  Two plays later Grothe throws an INT.  If Leavitt had faith in the kicking game he would have taken the points and gone up 3-2 (It was a 32 yarder for heavens sakes).  Who knows what might have happened after that.

Ponton also rushed 9 times for 38 yards.  That is over 4 per touch.  Coach needs to stop being so stubborn, take Ben out of there and give Ricky the ball.  When he is in the game he is our best offensive weapon (better than Grothe, Randolph, or Johnson).  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

O-line and D-line need to improve a bunch before we will get consistent wins.  As they say "It starts in the trenches."  Cinci was able to gain 5-8 yards way too often on run plays.  We were not able to do this consistently on our offense.  This was not ray rice running all over us.  I don't even remember cinci's RB's name and i just watched the game last night.

I think the staff realizes that we need linemen on both sides of the ball and I think they are focusing recruiting on these areas (this year and last).  I believe we're still going in the right direction.  Hopefully we'll land a couple of big talents on both lines.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there were so many problems last night that have been discussed

the boys need a good week and a half of practice

i expect bulls to come out energized against pitt

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

yep.  go figure, huh?  just a bad game for USF...

C/ATT      YDS      AVG      TD      INT

Matt Grothe      11/21      51      2.4      0      1

Pat Julmiste      8/15      80      5.3      1      0

just glad we prevented that shutout

Grothe had a QB rating of 63.2

Julmiste had a QB rating of 120.1

Combined they have a QB rating of 86.9  

>:(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I don't think the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 15 had anything to do with the kicking game-- Leavitt wanted a TD -- he was trying to make a statement. We got the first down and then instead of running the ball-- which was effective-- we tried a pass that got intercepted (clearly a Grothe miscue) and got nothing from that impressive drive.

These types of things add up and perhaps we were struggling more than we needed to-- too tensed up or something. Whatever it was, Cinci grabbed the momentum from that point and never let it go.

And even if CJL is less than sure about his kicking game-- it wouldn't have made a difference. Maybe we get that 3 and make it 3-2. Maybe that makes a change to the overal pysche of the team-- hard to say. Cinci  was on a mission no matter what we did.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Let’s not forget that the hidden gem is we lost this game because the coach has no faith in his kicking game.  We were down 2-0 with the ball on the 15 and went for it on 4 and 1.  Two plays later Grothe throws an INT.  If Leavitt had faith in the kicking game he would have taken the points and gone up 3-2 (It was a 32 yarder for heavens sakes).  Who knows what might have happened after that.

This was mentioned in another thread but I have to say it again. This comment makes absolutely ZERO sense, what you are actually saying is that on 4th and 1 the lack of faith in the kicking game led to a 1st down....so, what's the problem? That decision was a success, I'll repeat THAT DECISION WAS A SUCCESS. Now, it sucks that the interception was thrown later after we SUCCESSFULLY got our first down but that is not a reflection whatsoever on the decision not to kick. Would you or would you not prefer to have a first down with 3 more attempts at a TD before having to decide on the field goal? If not then do we decide to kick every single time we are in range to get an assured 3 points no matter what down it is? Sorry but this logic just does not make sense....now if we had turned the ball over on downs with a failed attempt at the 1st down THEN this comment would hold some water but c'mon let's not be rediculous here.