• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Standings after this weekend ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

gotta root for Pitt.  only way we get any votes is if we beat a ranked Pitt team and our record would be 7-2 and that would set us up to possibly be ranked at 8-2 but that is still unlikely.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

that being said.......all that matters right now is a tough road game against Cincy!!

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

that being said.......all that matters right now is a tough road game against Cincy!!

Amen, brother!

Im rooting for PITT, It would put PITT in the top 25 maybe the top 20, and should only drop Rutgers back to 23...

If we beat Cincy, hopefully we can get some regonition out of that and recieve some votes...

The higher ranked PITT is coming in to Tampa, the harder the fall will be for them.

A Rutgers loss will drop them out of the Top 25, they might be among the last few still getting votes.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Amen, brother!

You guys are missing the point.  We need to focus on WVU.  Let's just go ahead and assume we'll walk all over UC, Pitt, SU, and UL to focus on what we really need to think about!!! ;D

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I'd rather see:

Pitt      7-1   3-0

USF    6-2   2-1

UL      6-1   1-1

WVU  6-1   1-1

Rut      6-1   1-1

UConn 4-3   1-1

Syr       4-4   1-2

Cin       3-5   0-3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Very Good Point Nerd.

It is getting close to the end of the season and we need that Title  8-)

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

We NEED to beat Cincinnati, this week.  Nothing else, this week.

Rest next week and get ready for one exciting run to a bowl game.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Beating expectations, but not opponents

By Kristian Dyer, BearcatLair.com Staff Writer – Rivals.com

Once again, the University of Cincinnati beat expectations. If only they could beat their opponents.

Playing on the road against a BCS team for the third time this young season, the Bearcats hung in with their highly-touted foe, only to see an early lead evaporate once again. Much like the losses to Ohio State and Virginia Tech, Cincinnati proved to be a far more difficult opponent then the Vegas odds makers predicted. Cincinnati dropped to 3-4 on the season and the loss snapped their two-game winning streak.

The Bearcats opened the scoring with a Kevin Lovell 23-yard field goal midway through the first quarter. It took till early in the second quarter for the score to be leveled, with Louisville answering with a field goal of their own, a 32-yard effort from Art Carmody. Cincinnati then responded with a long drive, a 17-play, 78-yard masterpiece of efficiency that was capped off with a Dustin Grutza eight-yard pass to tight-end Brent Celek to put the lead at 10-3.

The Cardinals then rattled off twenty-unanswered points to take control of the game. Utilizing both the ground game and the return of heralded quarterback Brian Brohm from injury, Louisville, at times, appeared dominant. The Bearcats defense, however, would bend but not break, limiting the Cardinals to their lowest offensive output on the season.

The Bearcats stood 92 yards from the winning score with 17 seconds left in the game. Cincinnati had scratched and clawed its way nearly the length of the field and found itself at Louisville's 16-yard line, but was unable to convert. The final play of the game, a fourth down, was a pass that the Cardinals' Gavin Smart broke up and was intended for Earnest Jackson.

It was a tough way to end the game for a Bearcats team that exceeded expectations against a top-ranked team. On the final play, Grutza remarked, "I was trying to give Ernie [Jackson] a chance in the back of the end zone. I wanted him to come back and get it and he didn't see it as early as I would have liked for him to have seen it. I was trying to give him a chance and things didn't come up. He wasn't really opening out and going to where the corner was sitting, but my other options were covered up over the middle, so I felt like he had the best chance one-on-one with the guy. He was the last resort on that play. The first two guys were not open. I knew he had one-on-one and the guys over the middle would have been one-on-three. I figured I would give him the shot."

For Cincinnati, it was another strong effort against a team that they were not supposed to do much against. In particular, the Bearcats have established the run over the past several weeks. Against Louisville, Greg Moore was highly effective, racking up 96 yards on the ground on nineteen carries. Dustin Grutza also bolstered the rushing game with 75 yards on seventeen carries.

For coach Mark Dantonio, it was an overall good day, despite the loss. "I like to see that we ran the ball for 212 yards and were 11-of-22 on third downs. I thought Grutza made a lot of plays with his feet out there. Defensively we played pretty well. We gave up a couple of big plays. They've got players too. I think we all understand that. It's disappointing, but at the same time, I'm very proud of our players. All I can ask is that they give great effort and great heart and they do that. They have faith in themselves and faith in each other. We try to play the game one play at a time and I thought we did that."

Updated on Tuesday, Oct 17, 2006

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

PITT     7-1-0   3-0-0

LOU      7-0-0   2-0-0

WVIRG  7-0-0   2-0-0

SOFLO  6-2-0   2-1-0

RUTG    6-1-0   1-1-0

CONN   3-4-0   0-2-0

CIN      3-5-0   0-3-0