• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Clubhouse as a watch party site

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Went to Capongas for the first time to watch a USF game...been there several times in the past....staff is great, crowd is great, food and drink are great, door prizes are great (even if I did not win one)  plenty of space....big screens good stuff

Great to see ya there...  Better luck next time on the give-aways tho...   :D-mutt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

1. it's not big enough.
The clubhouse always has a good atmosphere, but I have to agree, it's too small.
the clubhouse is too small
we do need a bigger place...

Doesn't sound like we need a NEW place but just MORE places. Looks like alau has worked to get things going at the Clubhouse and it's paid off.

And as pointed out, showing up 15 minutes before a kickoff to an official watch party seems a little bit risky and you can't blame the establishment for that.

Triple,

thanks for giving me credit but it has been an entire Student Bulls Club along with our advisors and Mike, manager at Clubhouse, effort to get more people to these watch parties.  I agree that we need to pick up another spot for a watch party but I dont agree with the people that say we should leave Clubhouse.  Clubhouse has been great to USF and the watch party has just grown bigger then Clubhouse. Having too many Bulls fans is a great problem to have.

Watch Parties are not all that tough to run so if you would like to get one rolling contact Eric and I am sure we can come up with a solution.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Awesome to see so many Bulls fans swarming Tampa Bay area restaurants on game day!

The "Dade County Alumni Association," consisting of my classmate Scott, his wife Amber, and I, caught the game at SandBar in Coconut Grove. They had the Minnesota game on the big screen and no sound. They turned on our game for us on one TV, but can't do sound unless it's on the big screen. There were more Minnesota, Vanderbilt, and Georgia fans there, I guess.

Maybe someday I can look forward to having the welcome problem of a house packed full of USF fans in Miami. =)

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Faza, Have been to the Sandbar, ok place - But what you want is to find a place that's uniquely BULL friendly. It takes a little bit of work, but enthusiasm is EVERTHING !  When people see how much fun it is to be at a rockin BULLS event, it's hard not to want to join in. You'd be surprised how many BULLS fans are actually out there (They just need a little push) advertizing also helps. Lemme know what I can do to help youz guys out...   -mutt

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

You guys can always go down the street on Fowler and watch it at Bull Ring.  I am sure they would love to have you.  But of course, we would love to have you all at Capogna's.

Both Bull Ring and Clubhouse were full.  I ended up going to Friday's and they had ESPNU there.  It was frustrating that both places were full, but at the same time it is a good thing that the support is clearly increasing

Wow!  This is a great problem.  I am so happy to see so many watch parties full and not just one or two small groups spread out.  Thanks to everyone who is helping build Bulls Country!

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Watch Parties are not all that tough to run so if you would like to get one rolling contact Eric and I am sure we can come up with a solution.

There not hard, you just need to commit, which can be difficult.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

There not hard, you just need to commit, which can be difficult.

exactly the best way to do it is have a bunch of people or a an organization so only one person does not have to commit every weekend.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

I think it is great that people are wanting to be involved  and follow the Bulls on the road at watch parties.  I know while we were in NC we talked with Mutt and Bubbles at Capogna's watch party and we could feel their spirit and hopefully they could feel ours.  Mutt is right  enthusiasm  is awesome and the more there are  the louder and  prouder! ;D ;D  ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Sorry...but I love it.

I can remember hosting watch parties years ago - at Beef O'Brady's and one at the Clubhouse and worrying that NO ONE would show up...now we reserve and fight over seats.  You have to get there early?  Wow.  This is a good sign my Bulls friends..  

Those were fun times.

BTW -- I thought everybody wanted to stand during games, so who needs seats?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Well, I went against the board and went to Barnacles. Barnacles was great in that they had the sound and TVs on the USF GAME. The best part was that there was not many distractions there, and the other USF fans enjoyed themselves. I know Barnacles is an unofficial spot for USF, but today was pretty great for the USF fans. Thanks again to the Barnacles crew!!!!

yea i went to barnacles as well.  had a good time.  there was probably about 20 bulls fans.  they had the game on several big screens and had the audio piped in.