• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dont BOOO Pat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

yes-- I should be down there on the field for UNC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

PJ should have been given a standing O when he came in simply for being a classy guy through this whole season.  

And by the way....yeah, he was a leader on the team that brought us to the bowl game last year.  If you don't think so, you need to go back to remedial  football 101.  He wasn't Joe Montana back there, but he didn't exactly have a tremendous supporting cast either.  

No matter what you think, Pat IS a warrior and doesn't deserve to be booed..

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

See...this just undescores how phenoemnally ignorant and immature a lot of USF, and I'm hesitant to use this term, "fans" can be.

[highlight]Exactly who did you think was going to come in when your starter went down[/highlight]?

What [highlight]sort of idiot[/highlight] didn't know that Pat Julmiste was going to come in? And to actually 'boo'? To actually show the rest of the stadium, not only your ignorance but lack of class, your lack of support for your team (oh yeah, Pat is as much of the Bulls team as is Grothe).

It's stupid stunts like that that reveal just how far USF has to go to be considered any sort of big time college program. Your actions speak louder than words. There were thousands of people there last night who will never see or hear your feeble little arguments posted on some internet message board as to why you think it's ok to boo one of your own.

****, Wooly, you hit the nail dead square on the proverbial head. To boo a player on your team just for running onto the field and to support such a chicken**** action like that shows the football ignorance of some of our fans.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I couldn't agree more with you guys and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I was downright appalled when I heard fans booing.  

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I'm with most of you on the not booing thing, simply due to the fact that I want my team to win and it may affect him mentally (I don't think it should affect him, but PJ needs every advantage he can get).  But I will agree to disagree with the folks that say PJ is a good/decent/average QB.  I believe if he is forced into extended action this year, we will be in big trouble.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I'm with most of you on the not booing thing, simply due to the fact that I want my team to win and it may affect him mentally (I don't think it should affect him, but PJ needs every advantage he can get).  But I will agree to disagree with the folks that say PJ is a good/decent/average QB.  I believe if he is forced into extended action this year, we will be in big trouble.

Matt definitely gives us the best chance to win every game but if he goes out, it doesn't mean we have ZERO chance to win... but there's really no reason to be even talking about that scenario unless it arises ... unless you're like smazza and just need a little variety in your ***** sessions about USF football.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I've never booed a player on one of "my teams".  

Nothing good can come from it.

Apparently TO has never been on one of "your teams" :o.

I would go for TO if he was on my team.  Fortunately, pat Julmiste is a great guy and causes no complications except for his own teams' fans booing him.  Everyone knew Julmiste would go in because everyone knows he is our 2nd best QB.  Despite his terrible stats last year we were 1 sloppy UConn game away from a one-game playoff for the big east championship.  despite losing those 2 games we made our first bowl game, beating UL, playing miami and PSU decently.  

yeah he's not grothe, but he's well worth having as our backup QB.  

if leavitt had started julmiste in the 2nd game I would have booed that decision, but this was an injury situation.  that's just pathetic.

I never said anything against booing, but you don't cheer when a player on the other team is injured and you dont boo with a replacement of an injured player on your team is put in.

if anyone else was worthy of being backup QB they would have been mentioned before as being even.  julmiste and grothe were said to be even in training camp, which spoke volumes then for grothe's ability because he was a freshman compared to a senior.  julmiste is clearly our backup QB so you guys need to get used to that.

garbage time i'm not going to argue putting some other guys in if they are going to be backup QB next year.  but for all we know alton voss will be the best backup next year.  I hope he can redshirt if we dont need him though.

I'll just never understand a guy being booed for replacing an INJURED PLAYER.  It's not his fault Grothe sprained his ankle (I assume...it's happened to me many times).

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

RB is coming back and we were 6-6 last year.  that was with playing miami and PSU.  beat cuse, cincy, UL, and rutgers last year.  

I'll admit i'd be worried about making a bowl game, but with julmiste i think he could pull out a win against UNC, cuse, cincy, and/or pitt.

but hopefully no one else gets injured and we dont have to talk about this again.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Matt definitely gives us the best chance to win every game but if he goes out, it doesn't mean we have ZERO chance to win... but there's really no reason to be even talking about that scenario unless it arises ... unless you're like smazza and just need a little variety in your ***** sessions about USF football.

If PJ was forced into extended playing time, AND we don't establish some sort of running game, it would not be pretty......but you're right, it's useless to speculate on that unless, god forbid, it happens.  And, for the record, my glass is half full.  ;)