• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would be stupid to not play this game every year.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

And 2 out of 3 of them are conference games. The problem with UCF is not playing them but the desire by some to turn this into a huge rivalry. If that happens the furthest we can go is best of the worst in the state because it will forever link us to them and the game will forever be known as the battle for #4. As to the BCS arguements the only true BCS vs NBCS rivalry game that anyone has presented has been Colorado vs Colorado ST and that game has been going on for a little longer than the BCS has been around. And do not forget a battle for #1 and #2 in a state has a little more appeal than #4 and #5. If you have any doubts about that try to find a battle similar to that that has any national appeal, good luck.

Give it time, and a heated rivalry like FSU-UF, OSU-Michigan, and Texas-Oklahoma will eventually arise.

Do I need to point out what all those rivalries have in common that our supposed one doesn't?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

If it has to be, then 2 for 1's.  Why give the money and travel time away?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Just so I understand...

What would it take to make you happy?

This game is going to be played up to and including the 2008 season. Do you want a signed etched-in-stone contract that says the game gets played every year in perpetuity? What is

this fixation - this desperate plea - that screams we must swear before God and country that

we will play this game until the earth ceases to spin on its axis? What is it - please tell me -

that prevents you from waiting to see how things shake out in the 2K8 area to see if it

continues?  Or is this just an acute case of "I want it now"?

Just curious. Cause I don't think we need to "lock it in" going forward. Football schedules

get juggled every year and - as evidenced by our BGSU deal - nothing is really etched in

stone.  8-)

Guest patjulmiste
Just so I understand...

What would it take to make you happy?

This game is going to be played up to and including the 2008 season. Do you want a signed etched-in-stone contract that says the game gets played every year in perpetuity? What is

this fixation - this desperate plea - that screams we must swear before God and country that

we will play this game until the earth ceases to spin on its axis? What is it - please tell me -

that prevents you from waiting to see how things shake out in the 2K8 area to see if it

continues?  Or is this just an acute case of "I want it now"?

Just curious. Cause I don't think we need to "lock it in" going forward. Football schedules

get juggled every year and - as evidenced by our BGSU deal - nothing is really etched in

stone.  8-)

simply put, i'd rather watch a USF-UCF game than a USF-McNease St. game.  not only is it better financially, but it's more interesting.  face it, we're gonna schedule our dogs.. i'd rather have UCF as our whipping boy than FIU.  who cares if its lopsided?  Tell that to the Yankees who enjoy misery out of the Red Sox.  It's still fun to watch them cry, moreso than FAU.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

There were a ton of F$U fans at the local Beef's when I got back home last night from the game.  I was thoroughly enjoying the Clemson vs. F$S game while taunting the F$U fans by tapping the USF logo on my HOT t-shirt and pointing to the USF banners and pictures on the wall....

As much as I loved performing at both UCF vs. USF games the past two years, I would like to see USF get 1-1's with UF and F$U and occasionally play UCF from time to time.  I think that would be a win-win-win solution.

After all, if you hang out with Muhammad, Jugdish and Sidney, pretty much, you aren't going to get invited to all of the cool parties.

-- Gary Shelton, St. Petersburg Times

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

A USF-UCF series draws big crowds. While this is exciting in the present time and would indicate wanting to continue the series, you have to look at the future. A well developed rivalry with a program like Miami would eventually draw even bigger crowds as well as garner much more media attention. Who cares about all the coverage this game receives when all the columns are in the sentinal and tribue. A miami rivalry would put media coverage on the national level and would help USF much more than the small immediate benefits we currently see with a UCF series. Go ahead and schedule games with 1-AA teams instead of UCF, but when you start a rivalry with an in-state team, start it with Miami.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

After all, if you hang out with Muhammad, Jugdish and Sidney, pretty much, you aren't going to get invited to all of the cool parties.

-- Gary Shelton, St. Petersburg Times

So, do we refer to UCF as Muhammad, Jugdish or Sidney? My choice would be Jugdish.

Maybe we should do a poll?  8-)

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

A USF-UCF series draws big crowds. While this is exciting in the present time and would indicate wanting to continue the series, you have to look at the future. A well developed rivalry with a program like Miami would eventually draw even bigger crowds as well as garner much more media attention. Who cares about all the coverage this game receives when all the columns are in the sentinal and tribue. A miami rivalry would put media coverage on the national level and would help USF much more than the small immediate benefits we currently see with a UCF series. Go ahead and schedule games with 1-AA teams instead of UCF, but when you start a rivalry with an in-state team, start it with Miami.

Thank you.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  Why can't people see this.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Why can't people see this.

Because there are those folks who have resigned themselves to the opinion that neither UCF nor USF will ever - [highlight]EVER[/highlight] - be of sufficient caliber to establish a rivalry with any of "the Big Three". It is also indicitive of someone who has settled for second best, in that, if we don't have the potential to square off against the big three, we'll be happy with the 'little two' and as such, we should do everything possible to make sure we stay joined at the hip to second place thinking.

Depends on which camp you're in. Swear that playing UCF/USF annually is as good as it will ever get, or ride it out and see what develops down the line. I too would rather square off against UF/FSU/UM than UCF.  Maybe if Jesus miracles UCF into the Big East or ACC or SEC, different story. But applying a long term solution to a short term problem...nah.  8-)