• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From an FIU Fan: What can we expect??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

Correction: As ET calls it.

Soon to be referred to by the Nation  8-)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Don't overlook us because we play in the SunBelt. Our team is very young right now, and this is only the fifth year of the program. The guys will continue to grow and learn. I fully expect a conference championship during my son's tenure at FIU.

I would not doubt that, especially if he's a FR.

I am sure this team will not be overlooking FIU. They overlooked and played badly against a 1A team to open the season. They will be amped.

We have MANY guys that played their first ever college game, we're very young - but they need to grow up this week!

We still have guys fighting for positions.

How many do you expect to travel up to Tamplona ?  8-)

I will be right behind you in 232.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Congrats to FIU for their #14 ranking nationally in the Fox Sports MSN poll  ;)  

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Mello, It's always a pleasure to see you guys...

FIU, Good luck Saturday. Have fun in Cigar City.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

One of the things that our QB needs to get used to is our new O-line. For the last 4 years, it was the anchor of our team however all of our seniors graduated last year and we're trying to get the new kids to gel together.

Our D will have a good night.  :)

Here's hoping for a good game and no injuries!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

FIU fans, is there any site out there with your historical schedule with the records?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

FIU fans, is there any site out there with your historical schedule with the records?

If you go to either www.fiugoldenpanthers.com or www.fiusports.com you should be able to find a link to past games that we've played.

I appreciate you fans alot better than the UCF fans. They are arrogant as hell! I have nothing but negative things to say about them **** Golden Knights!! You guys must despise them.

But going back to the game, please don't overlook us. I think we will surprise a lot of your fans at our play at this stage of our growth. I think you all will agree that we are ahead of what your program was at the 5th year. Hopefully we can make it an annual thing along with some of the other Florida schools.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Here's a link with a good historical record.  It even includes last Saturday's score:

http://www.michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/flaintrl.htm

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

Hey Bulls fans!! I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

[*]Where is a good place to stay (hotelwise) that is located within a good distance of both the stadium and Busch Gardens, because I plan on going to both during my weekend up there?

[*]Where are good places to hang out and see the nightlife (i.e. bars, social scene, entertainment venues unique to Tampa, etc.)?

[*]Where do you hardcore tailgaters hang out and show the most spirit for your team? I'd like to document it with pics for all of my hardcore fans back home in Miami and on our board (www.fiugoldenpanthers.com). Come by and visit our messageboard.

FYI: Beware cause our defense is pretty hard-hitting!!

FIUTDSaver.jpg

Good luck throughout your season (except against us, of course) and your journey in the Big East,

ARod ;)

The Jackson's Bistro-Bar-Sushi that is next to the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel where the McNeese team stayed was great.   There was a lot of good "scenery" in it late Friday night.

As far as the South Florida team, expect a **** good fast hard hitting defense.

I had a good time in Miami two years ago when we played you guys.   And the results of the game were a lot nicer, too.

Doc

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If you go to either www.fiugoldenpanthers.com or www.fiusports.com you should be able to find a link to past games that we've played.

I appreciate you fans alot better than the UCF fans. They are arrogant as hell! I have nothing but negative things to say about them **** Golden Knights!! You guys must despise them.

But going back to the game, please don't overlook us. I think we will surprise a lot of your fans at our play at this stage of our growth. I think you all will agree that we are ahead of what your program was at the 5th year. Hopefully we can make it an annual thing along with some of the other Florida schools.

ARod, how many do you expect to travel up here for the USF game? How well has FIU travelled before?