• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From an FIU Fan: What can we expect??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks as I'm absorbing all of the info that you guys are throwing at me for places to stay and places to hang. Whenever you guys make a return trip to Miami, our fans from the msg. board will be sure to offer up tons of info, no doubt.... :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

... Whenever you guys make a return trip to Miami, our fans from the msg. board will be sure to offer up tons of info, no doubt...

And that game being next year, 29th of September ... I most likely will come up for that - depending on the following game location. Or I may come up early for UNC in Tamplona and then back to your game before fltying out.

Ready for MY Home Opener.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

alot of  tds in the air by grotheee

and a defense that will smother you

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

Correction: As ET calls it.

I kinda feel sorry for you...you remind me of USF fans not so long ago when playing traditional powers (note: i am not calling usf a traditional power)...blindly optimistic. Good luck during the game, and I hope you have a successful season.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

Correction: As ET calls it.

I kinda feel sorry for you...you remind me of USF fans not so long ago when playing traditional powers (note: i am not calling usf a traditional power)...blindly optimistic. Good luck during the game, and I hope you have a successful season.

Look at their schedule:

Sep 09       South Florida       A

Sep 16       Bowling Green       H

Sep 23       Maryland       A

Sep 30       Arkansas State       H

Oct 07       North Texas       A

Oct 14       Miami (Fla.)       A

Oct 28       Alabama       A

Nov 11       Louisiana-Monroe       H

Nov 18       Louisiana-Lafayette       H

Nov 25       Florida Atlantic       A

Seems like they are taking the UCF suicidal approach.  I wonder why they just didn't decide to compete at the I-AA level?  Serious question.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hey guys,

Congrats on your win against the 1AA team (Even though you were only up 14-10 after the 3rd)

Its a shame your not going to be able to put up those big points in the 4th like you guys did against McNeese St.

I am not saying FIU is going to win this game ( your program does have 4 years on mine) but I will say that FIU's defense will shut you guys down. So I hope you and your team does over look FIU that will just make it even more possible to pull this off :)

Have a nice night

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43

The fact that was only scored 6 points against MTSU has to do with a lot of factors:

#1- Due to injuries and/or other issues we had to start two true freshmen on the OL. That coupled with the fact that the only person on the line that had taken any college snaps prior to the game was our center created a difficult task in controlling the line of scrimmage.

#2- The running game never got established. I will leave that at that.

#3- The kicking game was pathetic. I watched them during warmups and had a discussion with another parent about the fact that the kid that was going to do the kicking did not appear to have a very strong leg. That was proven during the game. His accuracy also proved to be faulty. We have a kid they are trying to redshirt at the QB position who has a monster for a leg and near perfect accuracy on PAT's and **** good on field goals. I know high school and college are different, but if last week is any indication of how things really are, the coaching staff will need to think long and hard about leaving this kid on the sidelines.

#4- We only threw the ball downfield twice during the game. The rest of the passes were short down and out or underneath routes. Perhaps that was by design because of the OL situation or maybe first game jitters. Either way, we didn't try to open up anything. If we had maybe the running game would have got a kick start.

Defensively, we only allowed 7 points. Why?

#1- The play in which MTSU scored we had a blown assignment that allowed the MTSU RB to scamper free.

#2- A very poor "celebration" decision on our part after a sack on 3rd and long cost us big. It allowed MTSU to get a first down and keep a drive alive, a drive in which they eventually scored.

#3- Right now our DE leads the country in sacks (or he did going into last nights FSU vs. UM game---I don't know if that has changed). Our LB, who is on about 5 preseason watch lists, had 13 tackles.

#4- Defensively we are much more mature than we are on the other side of the ball. Our seasoned veterans showed great leadership and ability. With the exception of the miscued coverage and the celebration penalty our defense was nearly flawless.

Don't overlook us because we play in the SunBelt. Our team is very young right now, and this is only the fifth year of the program. The guys will continue to grow and learn. I fully expect a conference championship during my son's tenure at FIU.