• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From an FIU Fan: What can we expect??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Bulls fans!! I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

[*]Where is a good place to stay (hotelwise) that is located within a good distance of both the stadium and Busch Gardens, because I plan on going to both during my weekend up there?

[*]Where are good places to hang out and see the nightlife (i.e. bars, social scene, entertainment venues unique to Tampa, etc.)?

[*]Where do you hardcore tailgaters hang out and show the most spirit for your team? I'd like to document it with pics for all of my hardcore fans back home in Miami and on our board (www.fiugoldenpanthers.com). Come by and visit our messageboard.

FYI: Beware cause our defense is pretty hard-hitting!!

FIUTDSaver.jpg

Good luck throughout your season (except against us, of course) and your journey in the Big East,

ARod ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Welcome to Tamplona next week.  8-)

Some better knowledgable people wiill help you with your inquiries.

Close was Thursday ...  :P

We had an ugly start last night, but may have improved our QB position.

Go BULLS !!!

Welcome to Tamplona next week.  8-)

Some better knowledgable people wiill help you with your inquiries.

Close was Thursday ...  :P

We had an ugly start last night, but may have improved our QB position.

Go BULLS !!!

I've seen you on our board, ET. Thanks for coming through....

What are some of the strengths and weaknesses of your team this season?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

our defense is amazing...we look to have depth at rb and possibly a 2 headed monster at qb...honestly..not talking trash, if you scored only 6 on MTSU it wont be a offensive firestorm for you next saturday...take away our special teams miscue and offensive blunders and we shut out McNeese St

our defense is amazing...we look to have depth at rb and possibly a 2 headed monster at qb...honestly..not talking trash, if you scored only 6 on MTSU it wont be a offensive firestorm for you next saturday...take away our special teams miscue and offensive blunders and we shut out McNeese St

Actually, we all know that the first game is to shake off the rust of the offseason. Our offense is usually our strongpoint. I think our QB will hit his stride in this next game and get back to his usual self. Our defense is extremely dominant (known amongst FIU fans as the Killer B's (be especially aware of Barnes and Bostic)). Our only weak link seems to be our kicker who missed an PAT and a 40-yard FG. Our defense also made a costly penalty (neck slicing after a sack) which resulted in a revival of a drive for MTSU. If it weren't for those untimely mistakes, we would've taken it. I expect us to clean those mistakes up quickly and we should give you guys a pretty stiff challenge.

Here's hoping for the best!!

FIUHorseCollarTackle.jpg

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

cheers to a good game [smiley=beer.gif]

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

We are allowed to talk smack to FIU.  They are instate and technically they are I-A.

...remember, it's all in good fun.

As for places to stay, if Busch Gardens is your thing, then there are a few decent hotels next to campus.  Embassy Suites, LaQuinta, Wingate, courtyard, etc...

If you want to be in the middle of the action, there is A Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor.  The Mariott Waterside, Hyatt, Sheraton, and Courtyard Mariott are in DT with access to Channelside.  Where I always stayed when I traveled to home games was the HOliday Inn Express on Courtney Campbell Causway.  That area is under contruction and a handful of the good restarant/bars that were there are closed, but it is near the water, central to St Pete, Tampa, and the stadium.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Your offense is a strong point???  How come you scored 6 against MTSU  You don't have to worry about missing the extra point.  It won't matter in this game.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Hey Bulls fans!! I'm a hardcore FIU fan and I want to know what to expect when I come out to "Tamplona" (as you guys call it).

[*]Where is a good place to stay (hotelwise) that is located within a good distance of both the stadium and Busch Gardens, because I plan on going to both during my weekend up there?

[*]Where are good places to hang out and see the nightlife (i.e. bars, social scene, entertainment venues unique to Tampa, etc.)?

[*]Where do you hardcore tailgaters hang out and show the most spirit for your team? I'd like to document it with pics for all of my hardcore fans back home in Miami and on our board (www.fiugoldenpanthers.com). Come by and visit our messageboard.

FYI: Beware cause our defense is pretty hard-hitting!!

FIUTDSaver.jpg

Good luck throughout your season (except against us, of course) and your journey in the Big East,

ARod ;)

1)If you want tot stay close to the stadium and downtown Tampa, there is a Days Inn on Dale Mabry Hwy (813) 877-6181. Busch Gardens is a quick ride from there as well on I-275 to Busch Blvd. exit.

2)There are several good places for night life.  In downtown Tampa you have Channelside and around the corner you have Ybor City. Also, there are several good pubs and restaurants on S. Howard Ave.

3)I'm in the band, so I don't know exactly where the die hard tailgators party. Although right in front of the south side of the stadium there is usually a great crowd. I even spotted those crazy Pinellas Alumns during the "Concert on the Road". ;D

I hope you have a fun visit in Tamplona this coming weekend!

Your offense is a strong point???  How come you scored 6 against MTSU  You don't have to worry about missing the extra point.  It won't matter in this game.

Believe it or not, a lot of our players are listed on a good number of preseason watch lists including our QB, TE, & LB's. One of the things that our QB needs to get used to is our new O-line. For the last 4 years, it was the anchor of our team however all of our seniors graduated last year and we're trying to get the new kids to gel together. Our offensive line coach is none other then Former NFL Pro Bowl offensive lineman and collegiate All-American Leon Searcy who primarily played with the Steelers and Jax Jaguars. We're hoping that he can use he experience to teach these kids to play as a strong unit. If so, watch out :o