• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McNeese St. Fans Must Have Gotten Into Liquor Cabi

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

McNeese St is a very solid 1AA team. I have watched them play in the 1AA title games on ESPN a few years ago, so I know they will not be a push over. It is ok for fans to be jacked up about a possible upset win over us. I remember when USF was 1AA, and some of us thought we would beat San Diego St. Anyway, I have a lot of respect for 1AA programs because it was not that long ago that USF was playing at that level.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed that we shouldn't overlook McNeese State or any other program.  I'm sure they will be a fundlementally sound, well coached team.  Several years ago, I saw Lousianna-Lafayette give the Nat. Champions Mighty Florida Gators all they wanted.  Of course, Jake Delhomme was QB and Brandon Stokely (Indy Colts) were playing.  So, there will be talent we will have to deal with.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Stanford lost to a 1AA school ... last year or the year b4.

I really see no need for negative signs towards this team ... how's 'bout a positive sign for our Beloved BULLS.

I sound like Mr. Rogers or Barney now  ;)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

Stay positive and still be charged up for the BULLS!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

South Florida is going to destroy us!   Take it easy on our poor little I-AA players!!    ;)

Doc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

Classy football fans deserve a classy welcome.  Save your bile for any school that continually degrades us, takes cheap shots at us, begs and demands games from us, and then exhibits a servere pathological case of "horn envy".  Any such school come to mind?

Guest wildrover
South Florida is going to destroy us!   Take it easy on our poor little I-AA players!!    ;)

Doc

Doc I think you may have been hanging around this board a little too long, you are starting to sound like a couple of our posters (not naming names though  ;) )

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If we lost to McNeese state if would be a bigger upset than if we would have beaten Texas last year with Vince Young.

If this happened, we and the BE would be the laughingstock of college football.

I would bet my house that we will not lose to McNeese St.

Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.  It's not being cocky a D1A BCS team is supposed to defeat at D1AA team

Just ask the 2001 Texas a&m team that went 8 - 4 how they felt about the Mcneese team that year?

This isn't 2001, so what makes you think that McNeese can beat USF in 2006?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

The guy making the comments was not exactly "classy". He took a stab at our program saying we are cocky and think we  are the second coming of Notre Dame. It is one thing to say I think we can beat them because they have questions at QB and RB, but that is not what was said. Remember, we are "totally over rated." I have nothing but respect for fans like Doc that come with some knowledge and friendly banter, but do not take shots at our program and our players.