• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McNeese St. Fans Must Have Gotten Into Liquor Cabi

Guest RETROPOKE
Hey, they beat UCF by 42 points... in 1995. ;D

Interesting you should bring up that game, because it included perhaps our greatest QB ever - Kerry Joseph now in the CFL and the UCF QB then was Daunte Culpepper..  We even beat UCF by 10 more points than Florida State did, so you never know! :o

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RETROPOKE

Just ask the 2001 Texas a&m team that went 8 - 4 how they felt about the Mcneese team that year?

This isn't 2001, so what makes you think that McNeese can beat USF in 2006?

I know Texas A&M...  Texas A&M was a Friend of mine in 2001 (HC RC Slocum Graduated from McNeese).  And sir...  Your program is NO A&M... ;D

You guys lost to A&M and if it weren't for 2 defensive TDs the margin of victory would have been 4 TDs

You're right, we aren't A&M, we're on our way to being bigger than A&M.  If we make half the progress in the next 10 years that we made the last 10 years our program will be bigger.

Did A&M even have a winning season last year.  

So, it doesn't count if they are defensive TD's? ::)

You've been playing football for 10 years and already claiming greatness without any conference titles at any level? ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Well, you caught us.  We will get into any liquor cabinet we can find and that includes yours if you leave it unguarded.  

I'm afraid It's all going to be moot if Ernesto cruises into the gulf and heads north.   >:(

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

Just ask the 2001 Texas a&m team that went 8 - 4 how they felt about the Mcneese team that year?

This isn't 2001, so what makes you think that McNeese can beat USF in 2006?

I know Texas A&M...  Texas A&M was a Friend of mine in 2001 (HC RC Slocum Graduated from McNeese).  And sir...  Your program is NO A&M... ;D

You guys lost to A&M and if it weren't for 2 defensive TDs the margin of victory would have been 4 TDs

You're right, we aren't A&M, we're on our way to being bigger than A&M.  If we make half the progress in the next 10 years that we made the last 10 years our program will be bigger.

Did A&M even have a winning season last year.  

What?   :-? Defensive TD's don't count toward W's?    :o

I tell you what, we were winning 24-10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and lost 4 Defensive backs due to leg cramps in the 4th quarter.  (Texas A&M locker room was 55 degrees).

The Big 12 Refs gave A&M a juggleing TD catch that the replay clearly showed the catch had not been made, and then they called a bad call on us taking us out of scoring range at the end of the game.  We dominated that game.

Their fans knew who really won the battle.  Just ask them.  They will tell you they won the war, but the battles belonged to McNeese.

We're coming to play.  Count on that. ;)

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

The Big 12 Refs gave A&M a juggleing TD catch that the replay clearly showed the catch had not been made, and then they called a bad call on us taking us out of scoring range at the end of the game.  We dominated that game.

Greg, the juggling catch was a gift.   But to refresh your memory, what happened near the end, here is what happened.   They were up 31-24 with about five minutes left.  We were driving to try to tie the game.   We got inside the twenty but stalled and had a fourth down and about 5 and 1/2 yards to go.   We decided to kick a field goal.   They jumped before the snap.   The Big 12 refs had one of those 10 minute conferences(and I'm not lying, they took that long) and finally gave us an illegal procedure penalty.   If it had gone the way it was supposed to, we would have been 4th and 1/2 yard and we were going to go for it.   The coaches had already gathered the offense and had called the play before the refs broke their conference and gave us the surprise call.   Our coaches went ballistic with the call.  Of course, we then missed the FG attempt.

And they got that meaningless interception and return for a TD on a desparation pass with just a few seconds left in the game to make the score 38-24.

Doc

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Well, I thought my bottle of Cuervo went empty mighty fast.  We cannot afford to let down against any team, much less against a very good 1-AA program like McNeese St.   Their conference rival Nicholls St. gave us some problems early on a couple of years ago.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I realize Mcneese has a very good 1AA program and could very well be competitive.  but the national media doesn't look at that and doesn't care.  If we lose this game we and the BE will be the laughingstock of the nation.  Just more fodder for the so called national "experts" to bash the BE when they don't know what they are talking about.