• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Hall - Bears Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  568
  • Days Won:  1

Andre Finished with 5 runs for 25 yards, and the big run was a 15 yard run.  Even though he was in for only 3 minutes in the 4th quarter with the game already over and all the scrubs playing I am sure he opened some people's eyes.

If he doesn't at least make it on an NFL regualr season roster, perhaps he can be allocated to go to NFLEL where I am sure he will tear it up for the first year and then come back and make a roster the second.  If at least this doesn't happen, then it would be a real tragety.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

why is he not getting a look?

will they send him to europe?

or the jets?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That run was pretty nice, even the commentators liked it.

At this point it will be tough to make the regular season roster as it looks like the Bears have favored Pope over Hall and Benson and Jones could return next week with Peterson as the backup and one of those two being the 3rd Down back.

Adrian Peterson got a 1/2 because he's their cemented backup and 1st string RB at the moment  and they were trying to work in Rex Grossman, who has had limited playing time the last few seasons. You don't run your starting QB out with the 2nd team, thus the reason for Peterson's playing time.

As bad as it is, please refrain saying Andre didn't get a shot, because he has. He's been in camp of 2 teams and has been the 3rd running back on the depth chart in the 2nd camp for 3 weeks. What happens in the games isn't fully determinative of what is happening at camp, as there is much more exposure for the coaches there.

I am fully confident that Andre will make an NFL Europe roster, and hopefully under the Bears contract, which will allow him to return to a familar camp next year.

However, to say they aren't giving him a chance is a little far. P.J. Pope is an undrafted free agent in his 1st season too, meaning they both were coming in with the same story...need to just make the roster.

Hopefully Andre will get a few more carries next week! Go Andre!

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

The Bears are in the business of running a football team.  Yes we want Andre to get as many carries as possible, but don't say he's not getting a shot.  Five for 25 is nice.  Maybe someone will notice him.  I don't see the Bears as his final roster.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I just want Andre to get more exposure before those guys get back.

The 3rd pre-season game is usually when they give the starting team the most reps. But there is a cutdown prior to that 4th game, where Andre would most likely get a shot to see alot of time. If they have put Pope ahead of him, Pope will have plnety of carries that game-- which in a way sucks since he seems to have gotten more of the carries so far (atleast earlier in the action).

Anyway- the performance in last game might have bumped him up a bit in the coaching staffs eyes. I'd LOVE to see Andre make the final roster or at least the practice squad. It's pretty obvious he is not going to be doing any returning with #81 and Hester drafted specifically for the return position. He's not a huge guy (height-wise) so making the special teams is going to be hard. Andre is a tough kid though and he's use to facing adversity.

I agree with the NFLEL standpoint as the most likely situation. I just want to get him on the active squad so bad since being there is half the battle. If the Bears face some injuries during the season at RB, Andre could then get a legitimate shot at showing he can be the type of grinder back the Bears can use. And we all know that if Andre is in there for 20+ carries, at some point he breaks off a big run or two. 5 Carries is fine-- but he needs more looks. He had a similar amount of reps in those All Star games and never got any kind of real groove going like he did so often with the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

He should have been put in the series prior to the last one. That is all I am saying. You were watching the game. The Bears had it locked up. Pope had a lot of touches. Andre should have gotten at least 8-10 carries with that type of lead.

The other thing we may have going for us is that teams are kind of wary of using their best RBs in the pre-season. Too many are getting hurt in meaningless games. So maybe we see a whole bunch of Andre and if he performs, the Bears take notice and elevate his status. They have to think he has something or they wouldn't have signed him. He just needs to showcase that skill.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Pulpit, it's not about the lead. In fact I would dare say that the coaching staff was calling the game as if it were 0-0 when Pope was playing...it's the way it works in the preseason.

he also stated that Pope had alot of touches. That seemed to be more of the point he was making.