• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Picture of the Athletic District

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, no you can't.  This is an artist's rendering of the planned renovations and expansions.  Since the football stadium is not currently "planned"... it was not included.

The Board of Trustees adopted the campus master plan that included the place holder.  Therefore, it does officially exist.

I'm not saying that it will not exist.

I'm saying that there seems to be no room for an OCS where they put that "place holder".

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

I'm not saying that it will not exist.

I'm saying that there seems to be no room for an OCS where they put that "place holder".

Unless they plan on  building  using smoke and mirrors they would have to remove Bull Run or build near vertical grandstands.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

Bien, I am curious how you can say that UCF is funding with bonds only.  2,000 apartments are owned by the UCFAA.  Rents are said to be $2,370 for each dorm/apartment each, per semester.  That is $4,740,000 per sememster.  I know there is a debt service with that, but its still going to be a great revenue source.  And to have national credit tenants on a ten year lease, that is better than future ticket sales as well.  I think UCF has made the model many universities will follow in the future.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien, I am curious how you can say that UCF is funding with bonds only.  2,000 apartments are owned by the UCFAA.  Rents are said to be $2,370 for each dorm/apartment each, per semester.  That is $4,740,000 per sememster.  I know there is a debt service with that, but its still going to be a great revenue source.  And to have national credit tenants on a ten year lease, that is better than future ticket sales as well.  I think UCF has made the model many universities will follow in the future.

I never said 'bonds only' just that u are using bonds in conjunction with equity.  I was contending Sir Galasnad's assertion that since we've only got a perceived 10% of the equity raised that we are actually a long way off.  Well that didn't stop UCF.

As for where you're deriving your revenue to pay for debt service on athletic facilities well that's something your University needs to worry about.  I am missing how rental students are credit worthy tenants (you need to look up the real estate definition of a credit 'worthy tenant') although I am sure your endowment fund is guaranteeing the bonds, hence the credit worthiness of the investment.  However, those guarantees, which apparently some athletic facilities are piggy backing off of, does limit future borrowing capacity of the University and could hinder future growth potentially.

However, the real argument and point is with Sir Galasnad being to hypocritical about our fundraising and capital raising for our athletic facilities when we're doing essentially the same things UCF is doing.  I doubt you've made a model many Universities will follow because the truest way for athletics to build facilities is through fundraising, and actual athletic revenue.  You've found some creative ways to fund certain venues but at some point in time you'll have to have those facilities actually generate the necessary revenue to keep them afloat or else it could become burdensome to the University.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I was contending Sir Galasnad's assertion  ...... However, the real argument and point is with Sir Galasnad being to hypocritical

Bien, you were responding directly to "Sir Galasnad".  ;)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

looks like they are placing a parking garage next to the sun dome that is what we really need more parking for students I swear if I have to walk clear across the campus one more time to get to class because I cant find a parking spot I am going to go postal  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

looks like they are placing a parking garage next to the sun dome that is what we really need more parking for students I swear if I have to walk clear across the campus one more time to get to class because I cant find a parking spot I am going to go postal  ;)

You don't use the Bull Runners? They seem to run pretty often when school is in.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

I remember when i went to school at USF and there wasnt a bus to take you around so it was walk or bike.