• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Picture of the Athletic District

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

P.S. Mav that's because most of your recruits that have seen it have only toured 1-AA programs....zing.

Uh, wrong sporto....

Nice try but you should read our Ticker on ucfsports.com a bit closer than you do now.

What is your average star rating on Rivals again?

BTW, for the record, I have been extremely nice during all this trashing.  So back off.

You want to play with the big boys, show up at the other board like you used to.

And don't lump me in with STK.  I go to our board and this one and that is it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

I would say 50% of the building is made up of football.  When you consider mens and womens hoops and golf do not occupy the facility that gives you an idea.   The video rooms, the offices, the lockers....

After all the new facilities are built that are slated expect one day for that facility to end up being exclusively football, and Administration.  Softball, and baseball are expected to have their own lockers, offices, training, and lounges in their facility, and ditto for soccer.  I would expect someday that eventually only the weightroom, and training will be used by all.

P.S. Mav that's because most of your recruits that have seen it have only toured 1-AA programs....zing.

It doesn't matter what it ends up as.

Yours houses much more than football.  That is NOT a slam at all.  Simply a reality.

Ours is a football only building and designed as such.  It has EVERYTHING yours does.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Okay fellers, let's keep this on the USF Athletic District...

Any "poo-flinging" as TripleB calls it will be immediately wiped to the appropriate board

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks Bulliever for trying to keep this thread on topic.  I love the artist rendition of the completed update to USF's facilities, awesome, can't wait.  Hopefully, there will be more than expected funds to carry out the expansion and add some wish list items for each sport.  I also like the view of the new Sun Dome Entrance it gives it a more appeasing and inviting look than the current bland entrance.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Go check out the facilities at Texas and come back and tell me that either of ours is comparable.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Go check out the facilities at Texas and come back and tell me that either of ours is comparable.

With all the money from GOD in Austin...plus the home of environmentalists....I still can't understand how UT can't grow GRASS on their baseball field?

They've had artificial turf for DECADES!

Why?

Come on UT...Baseball (especially in the SOUTH and in the heart of a liberal city) is suppose to be played on GRASS!

UT could tear up their turf with just pocket change from a few of their boosters.

Can't understand why they never did that?

KL

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

With all the money from GOD in Austin...plus the home of environmentalists....I still can't understand how UT can't grow GRASS on their baseball field?

They've had artificial turf for DECADES!

Why?

Come on UT...Baseball (especially in the SOUTH and in the heart of a liberal city) is suppose to be played on GRASS!

UT could tear up their turf with just pocket change from a few of their boosters.

Can't understand why they never did that?

KL

Athletic programs like UTA are really professional programs run under the guise of amateur athletics.

Money is never an issue over there and powerful connections for projects and UTA friendly legislation are always just a phone call away.

We all think that the University of Florida or FSU are the end all be all of college athletics....but they pale in comparison to schools like UTA, Michigan and other big, tradition filled land grant institutions.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Does USF have plans to build an indoor football practice  field?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Athletic programs like UTA are really professional programs run under the guise of amateur athletics.

Money is never an issue over there and powerful connections for projects and UTA friendly legislation are always just a phone call away.

We all think that the University of Florida or FSU are the end all be all of college athletics....but they pale in comparison to schools like UTA, Michigan and other big, tradition filled land grant institutions.

Have you been to Michigan? Their facilities are not that great at all. Many of them are very outdated and the school is in teh midst of devising a campus wide athletics reconstruction (including Michigan Statdium rennovations)

If it weren't for an off campus arena FSU might have  the best facilities in the country, and Florida isn't too close behind. Both schools have primier Basketball practice facilities that put some NBA teams to shame. Their baseball stadiums (especially FSU's are unbelievable). FSU's scocer facility is unbelievable, and UF's track is pretty killer (I think they play soccer there too.

Texas probably has the best overall facilities in the country, followed by Ohio State, then Florida State and Florida trailing right behind.

However, I'd model my facilites after any of those 4, they do it right. If only we had the money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Does USF have plans to build an indoor football practice  field?

Howard-Stern-Yahoo.jpg