• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

UCF has only beaten 1 BCS team ever? That cant be true.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah, they beat probably the worst Alabama team in the last thirty years.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I'll give you that McNeese State and UCF won't do anything for our national rep, but beating average UNC and Kansas teams says that we are better than average.

Average??

Says who?

Last 10 years...Kansas has ONE winning season!

Last 7 years...UNC has had only 2 winning seasons!

Is that "average"?

As the Great TV Philosopher George Constanza once said: "Remember, it's not a lie...unless you believe."

KL

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  65

Just as true as USF has only one win as well.  That Pitt win in 2001 was the only win over a BCS team until you joined the BigEast and got a chance to play Syracuse (1-10).  Do you honestly think of Cincy and Rutgers as BCS teams?  

Think of it this way, since 2000, UCF has played 16 BCS teams - only 3 of them (2000 Bama, 02 Syracuse, & 04 Penn State) were under .500.  'Cuse did beat Va Tech the week after playing us in 2002 and Penn State was during our transitional period (aka 0-17 - I still can't believe we blew a 21-7 1st quarter lead against 'Cuse, tho)  But it's not like we are playing the Vanderbilts, Dukes, or Kentuckys.  If you wanna be the Big Boys, you have to beat the Big Boys.  Name ONE big name BCS team USF has beaten besides Pitt (2000 Bama cancels it out).

Until USF pulls off a couple of wins, they don't deserve to be in the BCS.  If you disagree with me, then explain to me why USF deserves their slice of the BCS...

FYI -

The 16 teams are:

South Carolina

Wisconsin

WVU (2)

Penn State (2)

Va Tech (3)

Syracuse (3)

Arizona State

Clemson

Georgia Tech

Alabama

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Name ONE big name BCS team USF has beaten besides Pitt (2000 Bama cancels it out).

This is why the Kanigits are so cute and cuddly ..... and hopelessly clueless. 2000 Bama does NOT cancel out Pitt. Pitt was a team that won a bowl game that year. Bama sucked...

The Pitt win was possibly a key factor in garnering the attention to join the BE. Those two wins do not cancel each other out ...

Until USF pulls off a couple of wins, they don't deserve to be in the BCS.  If you disagree with me, then explain to me why USF deserves their slice of the BCS...

Why does Duke, Wake, Vandy deserve THEIR slice?? Bottom line is "Who gives a **** why!" ... We are, you're not, run along ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

let me get this right so in 27 years you have beat 1 BCS team. and in 10 years we have beaten 5. Have you losers ever beaten a ranked team?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

I'll take a win against a SEC team over one from a Big East  team anytime.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'll take a win against a SEC team over one from a Big East  team anytime.  

Of course you will, that's why you're where you are and we're where we are ..... taking a win against horrible Bama team over a win against a tream that won a bowl game shows why it's taken your program 25 years to get where you are. You just don't get it ...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

and you won't be getting any wins over any Big East teams anytime soon, since our worst team is better than your best team

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

This is why the Kanigits are so cute and cuddly ..... and hopelessly clueless. 2000 Bama does NOT cancel out Pitt. Pitt was a team that won a bowl game that year. Bama sucked...

The Pitt win was possibly a key factor in garnering the attention to join the BE. Those two wins do not cancel each other out ...

Why does Duke, Wake, Vandy deserve THEIR slice?? Bottom line is "Who gives a **** why!" ... We are, you're not, run along ...

FYI...UCF beat the defending SEC Champs Alabama.

USF beat Pitt...on opening day...as the Panthers were without some of their top players (including Fitzgerald) as they started that season 0-5...because they were TERRIBLE in the beginning.

Wow...beating a team that started out 0-5...WOW!

I'll take a W over the defending SEC Champs at their homecoming before 83,000 fans...any day of the week.

KL