• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

TEXAS WILLING TO PLAY USF 3 TIMES

2 TIMES IN TEXAS AND ONCE IN TAMPA ISNT AN UNEVEN DEAL

IT IS A GREAT DEAL FOR USF TO PLAY A NATIONAL CHAMPION 3 TIMES

What's the big deal about playing Texas just because they finally won a NC?  Miami has won what, 5, 6?  Texas, BIG DEAL.  Like I said, who knows where they'll be ranked in a few years anyway?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

What's the big deal about playing Texas just because they finally won a NC?  Miami has won what, 5, 6?  Texas, BIG DEAL.  Like I said, who knows where they'll be ranked in a few years anyway?

Well...Texas playing a game in Florida WILL be a big deal!

Texas hasn't played a football game in the State of FLA since the 1974 Gator Bowl vs Auburn.

Texas hasn't played a regular season game in FLA since a Sept 1973 game at Miami.

FYI...Texas' only trip to G'ville was in 1940...and Texas has never played FSU at all.

So yeah...getting a program like Texas to play ANY game in FLA will be a huge deal/event....tied in with an opening of a brand new stadium...and ESPN's first ever football campus visit to UCF....all of these ingredients does make it a "big deal".

But yes...even if Texas would of been playing USF at RJS...yes...that would of been a HUGE event...for many of the same reasons above.

KL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Well...Texas playing a game in Florida WILL be a big deal!

Texas hasn't played a football game in the State of FLA since the 1974 Gator Bowl vs Auburn.

Texas hasn't played a regular season game in FLA since a Sept 1973 game at Miami.

FYI...Texas' only trip to G'ville was in 1940...and Texas has never played FSU at all.

So yeah...getting a program like Texas to play ANY game in FLA will be a huge deal/event....tied in with an opening of a brand new stadium...and ESPN's first ever football campus visit to UCF....all of these ingredients does make it a "big deal".

But yes...even if Texas would of been playing USF at RJS...yes...that would of been a HUGE event...for many of the same reasons above.

KL

I agree, it is a big deal for ucf.  But a 2-1 isn't for USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you evidently dont know the college game

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I gotta *gulp* agree with smazz. Miami has traveled everywhere, as mentioned before they travel to numerous places that Texas hasn't. Miami is a great game that will probably be our 1st sellout in history, however it isnt for 4 seasons.

Texas would have given us a game in between to garter some fan support.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I have not done the research here, but I am going from memory Miami traveled when they were independent and had no conference schedule. As far as smazza's statement about FSU I do not remember them traveling all over the country and playing 2 for 1's while they were in ACC. They played Miami and UF and then played some 1 for 2's against teams. Joe when was the last time FSU played on the West Coast in a regular season game?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Miami traveled to Houston, LA Tech, and Temple (when they weren't in the BE) all in the last 5 years...

FSU played at Southern Cal in 1997. The difference between FSU 1st jooing a conference and us, is that FSU was an established power, that had finished top 10 7 times in 12 years before joining the ACC.

After finishing in the top 10 TWICE and Top 25 for 5 of 6 years they did the following deals:

They took 2 for 0's with AZ State (84-85), Auburn(86, 87), Nebraska (85-86)

2 for 1 with LSU (89,90,91)...played 1 game at Michigan in 1991

Yes they weren't in a conference, but it's not like we have a great situation having to schedule FIVE OOC games per year. FSU Upon joining the ACC had one OOC game to schedule per year (SOmetimes 2 as they played kickoff classics a lot)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Miami traveled to Houston, LA Tech, and Temple (when they weren't in the BE) all in the last 5 years...

Joe, Miami does this mostly for recruiting purposes. While Houston and Temple makes sense for this reason, LA. Tech doesn't.

If memory serves me correctly Miami scheduled the La. Tech series after Brock Berlin transferred to Miami since Brock is from that area. I believe that someone backed out of a series with Miami for this to occur.

FSU played at Southern Cal in 1997. The difference between FSU 1st jooing a conference and us, is that FSU was an established power, that had finished top 10 7 times in 12 years before joining the ACC.

After finishing in the top 10 TWICE and Top 25 for 5 of 6 years they did the following deals:

They took 2 for 0's with AZ State (84-85), Auburn(86, 87), Nebraska (85-86)

2 for 1 with LSU (89,90,91)...played 1 game at Michigan in 1991

Yes they weren't in a conference, but it's not like we have a great situation having to schedule FIVE OOC games per year. FSU Upon joining the ACC had one OOC game to schedule per year (SOmetimes 2 as they played kickoff classics a lot)

Because FSU and Miami were not in a conference they had to play these teams to get to big bowl games.

Joe

Thank you for the answer I knew you would respond quickly :)