• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

IT IS A MISTAKE TO TURN TAIL AND RUN FROM TEXAS

HOW CAN ANYONE TURN DOWN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THE BEST

ISNT THAT WHY WE JOINED 1A?

First, we aren't turning tail.  We'll play them a 1-1 ANYTIME!

Second, they were the best last year.  Who knows if they will even be ranked by the time our game were to happen?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WWW,

As much as that could happen, I doubt it there are 15 teams that will always be top 25 programs as long as the right people are there. With Mac Brown at Texas and most likely for as long as he wants now, Texas is not going anywhere.

I think their offer of a 2 for 1 & Florida's 2 and 0, aspeaks volumes as to what they and probably most programs think we're worth now. And don't give me the Miami is comming because they've played at Houston, La Tech and are scheduled at Marshall and UCF. They make more money being paid 250,000 to go on the road than they do hosting the game in front of 30,000 at the Orange Bowl.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think their offer of a 2 for 1 & Florida's 2 and 0, aspeaks volumes as to what they and probably most programs think we're worth now. And don't give me the Miami is comming because they've played at Houston, La Tech and are scheduled at Marshall and UCF. They make more money being paid 250,000 to go on the road than they do hosting the game in front of 30,000 at the Orange Bowl.

The 2 games at UF were made before Doug Woolard arrived and before we were going to the Big East. If that offer is made after Woolard arrives, then you can bet he would not have taken it.

Miami's deals with UCF and Marshall are 2 for 1's in their favor correct? Miami draws around 45,000 - 50,000 a game in that dump they play in.

WWW,

As much as that could happen, I doubt it there are 15 teams that will always be top 25 programs as long as the right people are there..

You would have included FSU in that group before last season too, but..........life brings no gaurantees.

Also, like South_Fla_Flip points out.  the Fla & Miami deals are not the same.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Having other teams buying season tix is NOTHING to brag about, it looks bad on a school.

HELLO?

I am NOT bragging about it!  How many times do I have to say this?

I made the point to dispute some of you who think UT will not travel well.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

And we are done with attendance issues.  Trust me folks.  We will be selling out the stadium for many years to come.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The 2 games at UF were made before Doug Woolard arrived and before we were going to the Big East. If that offer is made after Woolard arrives, then you can bet he would not have taken it.

Miami's deals with UCF and Marshall are 2 for 1's in their favor correct? Miami draws around 45,000 - 50,000 a game in that dump they play in.

Yes, but does that explain the 1 and 1's with La Tech, Temple and Houston?

I know Miami draws that in attendance, most of that however is frontloaded on FSU and Va Tech games during their big years. Last year we were their highest attended game at a lil above 58,000. They low was a lil more than 30,000 for the Duke game(Avg - 45,000).

$250,000 > what they make in a home game against most teams

That is why they are one of the few powerhouses you do see playing on the road AT a Lousiana Tech, AT a Houston, AT a Temple (that deal was not because of the BE split).

I'm just saying ONE series at this point against a team like Texas would be GREAT for the program. None of the big boys in our conference this year seemed bring out record crowds, UNC/Kansas won't do it either. We have Miami coming in...in 2009. Obviously we could have set a Texas game up in 2007 or 2008 which would light the fire under the asses of our student body to built support for our program.

Further it would give us a chance to try and have at it with a big boy, and if we hang...then respect is gonna be given (see Fresno State v. USC; WVU/Louisville v. Miami a few years ago) thats all I'm saying.

WWW, as for FSU, most people saw it. They lost Mark Richt, Chuck Amato, and put Jeff Bowden in at OC. If it were any person he would have been out by now. FSU will be back, but I don't expect them to be the FSU of the 90s consistently year in and out anymore under Bowden. He doesn't even know most his players...watch his coach's show..."thats number 73...he's been playing real well!"

I missed the UCF Sucks posts, but I've seen quite a number wondering why you are commenting on this thread.

I believe the paranoia is setting in.  Now, even in scheduling, the clear cut difference in programs is shining through.  The only thing left is to antagonize, and wish.  However, thanks for worrying.  We'll call you in five years when our rivalry with Miami is well on it's way.  Many UCF fans said we 'needed' an in-state rivalry.  So feel glad we took that to heart, however we chose another team other than UCF.  

I look forward to the Orlando game.  Quite possibly the last of it's kind.

It will be the last for sure.  There is NO way UCF signs a deal to a BCS wannabe that is not straight up.  You guys can go play Miami all you want.

BTW, where are those INCREDIBLE recruiting classes you have been talking about for FOUR years now?  What have they gotten you?  Results matter.  4-7 and 6-6 are the reality.  This year you may be better because your schedule is not too hard.

You know deep down that you have been able to tell recruits that they can play for championships and BCS games and all that other jazz, and you continually recruit the SAME athletes you did as a non-BCS program.

Quite honestly, there is NO paranoia from me or many other UCF fans.  I am not worried in the least.  You may win again this year but there is no denying the difference between our programs is nil.  I guarantee you O'Leary would be doing FAR more than Leavitt is with the BCS tag.

We are soon to find out.....

Lets remember that if UCF had our stadium 3 years ago and this was just another series, we would not have signed this deal.

We are asking them to come to our house in 16 months!  We had to "give" them something in return.

If Woolard passed up a 2 for 1 I understand it.  But don't make it out like you guys are some big BCS program that can dictate contracts to Texas.  I am POSITIVE Texas couldn't care either way what USF's answer was.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

mavtechknight2, you shouldn't be talking about difficulty of schedules with the one you play in C-DOA.  you guys had a hard time beating powerhouse Rice.  

It is hilarious that they talk about the toughness of a schedule.  ;D

Cuse (the worst Big East Team last year) would've won c-doa.  It's just a whole different level!!!!