• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stephen Garcia's blog on TBO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Just thought I should make everyone aware that the prized QB recruit has a blog from the Tribune that allows responses. Of the 48 responses, about 90% are gator or gamecock fans.

Just putting it out there. Do with it what you will...

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/crazier_by_the_day/

;)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Already posted something to Stephen on his blog. I think we are a serious longshot for this young man. He would be the MAN at USF.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

He is going to go to USC............................. They are offering him a new house for his parents as well as a new car  ;)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I would say 100% USC, he liked Florida but Tebow is the starter for at least 2 years after Leak graduates this season. Not to mention Spurrier makes QBs into college stars.

There are quite a few QBs we have a better chance at

Altron Voss

Robert Arnheim

Robert Marve

Lets focus on those, each are very good QBs.

I would say 100% USC, he liked Florida but Tebow is the starter for at least 2 years after Leak graduates this season. Not to mention Spurrier makes QBs into college stars.

Altron Voss

Robert Arnheim

Robert Marve

Yeah Voss is the real thing and his HS coach wants him to pick a school before the reg season

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

The thing that angers me most is not that we are always being looked over by local talent for National Champion powerhouses but rather that we are consistently out recruited by SEC mediocre Ole Miss.  >:(

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

puc,

Ole Miss may be mediocre, but we

a) haven't really been that much better record wise

B) have about 1/2 the money they have when it comes to recruiting

c) don't play on a campus where football is Life and nothing else matters

Unfortunatly we're still young and are going to need time to build  apipeline before we consitently bring in the big names like Garcia.

Altron Voss

Robert Arnheim

Robert Marve

No lack of interest in Bucs' Voss

Colleges come calling often for the Gulf quarterback.

By FRANK PASTOR, Times Staff Writer

Published May 7, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PORT RICHEY - Everyone, it seems, wants a peek at Alton Voss.

Colorado and North Carolina State visited Gulf on Monday to watch the first day of spring practice. Florida A&M and Louisiana stopped by on Tuesday.

And that was with FHSAA rules limiting Gulf to noncontact drills in helmets and shorts.

"I've had call after call after call," Gulf coach Jay Fulmer said. "They're spread out between now and May 24."

Why all the fuss?

With the recent decision by Ocala Trinity Catholic's John Brantley to orally commit to Texas, Voss might be the best available quarterback in the state.

Voss, a rising senior, threw for 1,300 yards and 13 touchdowns and ran for 1,100 yards and 13 scores during an all-conference junior season. He has good size (6 feet 2, 215 pounds), speed (4.6 in the 40-yard dash), toughness and sound fundamentals, including improved footwork and pre-snap reads.

He received a written scholarship offer from Mississippi State and verbal offers from USF and West Virginia. Florida, which signed Tim Tebow of Ponte Vedra Beach Nease to head its spread-option offense, wants Voss as an athlete, perhaps at tight end or outside linebacker.

"Here at Gulf High, there was no tradition at all," Voss said. "Now, our senior year, you've got college scouts coming every day, and big schools, too. It's nice just to have these coaches here."

More are on the way.

Alabama, Mississippi State, Florida, Ole Miss and West Virginia are expected to visit this coming week. N.C. State plans to send its quarterbacks coach. Eastern Kentucky has contacted Fulmer about a visit, and USF coach Jim Leavitt might stop by.

It's quite a change from last spring, when only Bethune-Cookman showed.

"Every day, we've got college scouts," Voss said. "You can't let it get to you. You've just got to play your own game. If you try too hard, you'll start messing up. I'm doing this for the team. I'm not trying to be an individual."

Voss' teammates benefit from the exposure, too.

Florida A&M took a look at wide receivers/defensive backs Shawn Williamson and Anthony Jackson. Colorado showed an interest in Williamson and lineman Jacob Kinn. Louisiana checked out Jackson, Williamson, Kinn and lineman John Palasky.

"Last year, I got like two letters the whole year," said the 6-3, 190-pound Williamson, who rocketed onto the national scene with standout performances at the U.S. Army All-American National Combine in January in San Antonio, Texas, and the MSL/Adidas Combine in March in Tallahassee, where he ran the 40-yard dash in a record 4.38 seconds.

"This year, I get like two (letters) every day. It gives me something to build myself up to, get my grades up, push myself a little harder."

After going 5-5 and falling a win short of the playoffs last season, Gulf is working toward the first playoff berth in its 76-year history. After the first week of spring practice, Fulmer said the team appears well on its way.

"We've got a good football team, that's what I took out of it," Fulmer said. "It's going to take a good football team to beat us, it really is. I don't really know what's out there, and I don't really care."

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

The thing that angers me most is not that we are always being looked over by local talent for National Champion powerhouses but rather that we are consistently out recruited by SEC mediocre Ole Miss.  >:(

We are?

You're only concerning yourself with the headlines, and not all the facts.  They beat us on McCluster but good luck to them getting him eligible.  For the most part USF has 4-5 signees from this year's class that Ole Miss wanted bad, but we won.  

The biggest concern to me is Urban Meyer.  When Zook was at UF they looked more nationally and JC for recruiting.  He didn't get to deep into the Bay Area, after last year's haul from Tampa and Urban's promise he'll be back, I am worried that UF might be back into this area and will make it real difficult.  In 2004 USF landed 7 of the top 15 players in the Tampa Bay Area.   We don't need the top player but we need to be landing a good portion.  That will continue to happen.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Give it time.. things will change for USF. It all starts with this season.

Go Bulls!