• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where do you see USF FB in 15 years?

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I see us as one of the top 3 teams in the BE year in and out. Louisville has always been roller coaster about their football program and I do believe that Petrino will be in the NFL one day. I'm gonna go on a limb and say the Big guys in the Big East will be USF, Pitt, and WVU.

I don't see us playing for a national title within the next 15 years, we could, but it is so hard to win one. I think we'll need a lil more time to develop the programd and FUNDING to help dring in players talented enough to win the National Title.

As for the Big 3, I cannot honestly see any of them going down too much money at FSU and Florida, and Miami will always be the school kids want to play at (seriously it seems like every freaking highschooler says"I grew up a Canes fan") There is room for a 4th team, we just have to create it.

I also agree with CHI and SRQ, I want to see an OCS. As nice as RJS is, it isn't a "home field" feel to me. We play there and we have teh crowd, but lets not kid ourselves, it's the Bucs' stadium.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

People want to play for UM because of the 2LiveCrew image they established in the '80s. We need some superstar gangster rappers walking our sidelines and then we'll get the kids that goto UM. Hell... I say hire Snoop as our offensive coordinator... imagine the recruits he'd bring to the program!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

snoop coaches peewee football out here in long beach

great choice to lead bulls offense.can he be worse than smith?

leavitt will be long gone in 15 years

we will never compete with leavitt for BE championships

he is not in class of wv and louisville coaches

once leavitt leaves and usf upgrades coaching staff,usf has a chance to do great things but window is closing

unless something drastic happens in next couple of years,usf's future might mirror ftu/ou/oc

usf will be stuck in futility

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

snoop has coached alittle at USC before.  i say we bring in Nelly, the kid can run and catch, would be good for the offense

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

People want to play for UM because of the 2LiveCrew image they established in the '80s. We need some superstar gangster rappers walking our sidelines and then we'll get the kids that goto UM. Hell... I say hire Snoop as our offensive coordinator... imagine the recruits he'd bring to the program!

Thugs...AWESOME!

We just need kids that work hard and good coaching.  We don't need UM's image.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Every team has their lean years. We have yet to hit bottom (truthfully 5-6 is not nearly as bad as 1-10, 2-9), so the odds are we will 'be due' at some point.

Overall, I'd say by the time the next 15 years have passed, we should have been to at least two BCS bowls. That assumes that the meteoric rise of the program continues. In the event that it plateus, we could be looking at one BE championship within that time frame (assuming the fortunes of Pitt, WVU & L'ville rise and fall the same way).

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

A can see a BE championship and possibly a regular spot in the top 25 rankings but ultimately this program will end up in the SEC or the ACC. A lot depends on how much funding the program gets to recruit more aggresivley in and out of state.

Not many schools have the world class athletic facility that USF enjoys but that means nothing if we can not offer the kids a chance to make the NFL on a regular basis. Winning is important but the ability to be seen as part of a winning program is almost equally important in the recruiting wars. USF needs to develop the kids that come here and get a couple of kids drafted every year to make the next step. The "D" coaches are starting to make that trend but the "O" coaches have not developed anybody. Hall was an athlete before he arrived at USF and coming back for another year probably cost him money because of how schools shut him down due to USF's lack of a QB w/ ability.

I give the current coaching staff another 2 years to make the transition to a top 30 team, with a top 30 recruiting class. If they do not, I hope that JL will transition to another school and take his offensive staff and scheme with him.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  131

“he is not in class of wv and louisville coachesâ€Â

I thought Alabama, Michigan State, and Kstate all wanted him. He has stated he wants to stay here (and took less money to do so) and has done a wonderful job with the team so I don’t see him getting the boot at any point.

I agree with most of you about us getting better and hopefully win the BE championship a few times as we continue to improve and become part of the “big 4â€Â.  We’ll stay in the Big East as the conference is going to get a lot better in the next few years. The one thing I don’t think will happen is the on campus stadium. Yes it would be great to have one and I used to be all for it but after working out the numbers it straight up doesn’t make sense for the near future. USF is going to continue to build their graduate programs, research park, and pump as much money as they can into undergrad needs. Check out

http://usf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2094&mid=72022394&sid=&tid=72022394&style=1

to see how we are spending out next $1.5 billion. It would cost between 50 and 70 million for a descent stadium like UCF and UL have. That is with capacity well under 50,000 and it not being that great of a stadium. If you want something like Ray Jay… keep dreaming because that cost about 170 million for construction. Now we could raise money through donations, corporate sponsors, charge the students like they are doing for the new Marshall center, ticket and merchandise sales but that is a lot of money to raise. Plus ray jay is a big attraction to a lot of recruits that see how much nicer a stadium we play in than other schools play in. Add on the fact that the Sun Dome needs huge upgrades!!! I say use some of the school’s money to completely redo the dome. Sell the naming rights to a local company and put 10 to 15 million to replace all the seats and make in the interior nicer, and please completely redo the outside. Just cover the whole thing so I don’t have to look at that hideous thing when I walk to class. Basically do a better version of what U of L did in 1984 for Freedom Hall.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think we'll surpass any of the Big 3 in Florida, but I do think USF will be able to compete year in and year out with any of them.  We should be able to dominate the Big East in the next 15 years if we're able to recruit in the state.  That being said, I see a few BCS (Sugar Bowl) games for the Bulls in the coming years.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I have been saying we need some gangsta rappers as spokesman for the football program for years.  Just Win Baby!