• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where do you see USF FB in 15 years?

Guest bullistic930

Guest bullistic930

-Do you see USF overtaking one of the "Big 3". Which? And Why?

-Do you see USF changing conferences? Where? Why?

Feel free to speculate or bring up more questions.  I'm just killing time. Thinking about the future is always fun.  Personally, I think USF is only going up (and I am by no means an optimist). Why?

Within the Big East, USF is located in the traditional "football" state.  While WVU will always be good and Louisville is up and coming, I think we by far have more potential.  The other Big East schools are categorized more as traditional Bball powers. I don't see UConn, Cincy, 'Cuse becoming dominant BE powers. So, if we can get established and become the annual "expected" BE champion and maybe knock off one of the in-state big boys (god that would be exciting), people will start talking.

And then what? Would we get offers for other conferences? I don't see ACC coming after us because there are already 2 FL schools in the ACC. So that essentially leaves the SEC.  Will this ever happen? Who knows. I don't think USF fits the profile of the "traditional" SEC school, but then neither does Vanderbilt.  But boy how fun it would be with the Gayturds developing as bitter rivals. Two behemoth SEC schools down the road for each other...pure hate.  The underdog Bulls taking down the establishment. Makes the hairs on my arm stand up.

Please hurry up, Mr. Football Season...bring us our future!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I think in the next 15years we win a Big East title or two. I believe we'll be a consitant 6-5 or 7-4 team over that time period and we will solidify our position as #4 in the state.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Beat UCF again this yr, Beat UF in 08 and 09, Beat Miami in Ray Jay.......Could be contending for a top 2 program in the state.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I think we need to win the BE within the next 3-5 yrs go to a BCS game and really take our recruiting and fan attendance up another notch. Yes we can tell recruits we are in a BCS conf but most of the top recruits are still going to want to go play for one of the big 3 in front of 80 k fans (Miami gets 50-60 but they are still Miami and somekids will always be drawn there).

If we do this then in 15 years I see FL as the Big 4...with us a perenial top 20 and some years a top 10 team.

If not I see us cracking the top 25 and going to bowl games but not really being where we all Bulieve we can be in 15 yrs.

I would also hope in 15 yrs we are in an OCS

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

beating ucf, and uf in both 08, 09, as well as miami up here, and sometime in the next 15 years we make it to the national championship.

Guest bullistic930

Realistically, I expect that within 15 years USF will solidify itself as a perennial BE championship competitor and we will have built an established reputation and fan base.

My hope is that when Bowden steps down, we can take advantage of the temporary decline that will face FSU.  I think some recruits might find the prospect of playing for a smaller program on the rise more exciting than a has-been big time program which will likely struggle for years to get back to where it was, always thinking back to the "good ole days". (Look at Alabama post-Bear).

It's tempting to wish we were in a state without so much freakin competition, but victory will be that much more sweet when we finally "make it"

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

I see us winning a BE championship in the next 5 or so years and will become a powerhouse in the BE, I honestly dont want to change conferences, I think most of the programs just had an off year this season...

Also, I dont see us "Taking a BIG 3" spot, but creating the fourth spot and will hopefully be playing one of the other BIG 4 every season...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

Bigger and better than ever!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Hopefully in their on campus stadium...