• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

downtown tampa is on its way up

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

^prices too. Wish I had money to invest...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Trump is throwing up high rises in Phoenix also... getting a lot of backlash from the public. The bubble won't burst in Phoenix anytime soon barring a national disaster... the outlying markets though are seeing significant investor withdrawal... I'm sure Florida is seeing the same thing. I love being an appraiser!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

ZBC I know who you are speaking of. He doesn't have very many friends, he just bought everything and now controls much of the future of DT. I'm sorry you've had to deal with him

Unfotunately I've dealt with him on more than one occasion and he is certainly no Donald Trump.  :)  All things aside, yes DT orlando is under rapid development as they do not have the hurdles that the ARC and city council throw at developers here.  I think that the developers are more willing to put their neck out in the Orlando market for that very reason and have come up with some very nice designs.  

I really don't think the DT orlando crowd is young or gay.  The segment they are building for are the empty nesters from lake mary and other areas away from the urban core that have big houses and money to blow, and middle manager jobs.  The problem is that besides thornton park, the people that currently hang in DT orlando have more in common with the ybor city riff-raff we so often complain about here.  I'm sure when the megaplex and all that other stuff is done the downtown scene will change.  I lived in DT Orlando for the last five years or so.  I got to see it change from a ghost town to a decent hangout!

Do you think its a coincidence that a building mysteriously burnt down right in the heart of all that development?  The  government there is EVIL!

On a side note, my job is just across the river of the trump site so I'll get to take some pretty good snapshots of that thing going up.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

You don't want to start this argument on this board.  especially with me.  They are building 300-400ft buildings in DT orlando, but multiple reports have indicated that the bubble is starting to burst  ie they are not all getting built.  There are height restrictions that will not allow tall buildings.  DT orlando is a joke.  The mayor and some of the city council folks are criminals over what they did without public discourse.  Just wait and see.

ABC, hate to burst your bubble, but condo towers are dying all over the country.  It has to do with interest rates going up and investors drying up.  Just a little fact for you, 48% of all closings in downtown Tampa in 2005  did not file for homested exemption.  Translation, 48% of all buyers are investors, translation, they are going to go bankrupt.  Tampa will and has experianced projects being cancelled.  Also, ask Mayor Pam Iorio about Mayor Greco and his accounting practices.

The point to all this is that Tampa has been building condos in the downtown area for years, targeting young professionals of any persuasion. Orlando is apparent finally following their lead ...... /quote]

There are several existing condo's that are fairly new in Orlando.  Also, if you are counting Harbor Island, don't, its technically not part of Tampa.  So much so, that Tampa PD can't go on to Harbor Island without permission.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Also, if you are counting Harbor Island, don't, its technically not part of Tampa.  So much so, that Tampa PD can't go on to Harbor Island without permission.

Don't count Harbour Island in a discussion of residential housing in or close by downtown Tampa? .......... Brilliant.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Real Estate (across the US as a whole) will slow down due to interests rates rising, but certain areas such as Florida will not see that to as much an extent.  Too many "Baby Boomers" reaching retirement and wanting to get away from snow shovels.

Some projects have been cancelled, but other newer ones are already planned for downtown.

The building we bought in about 8 months ago has already seen a $100 / sq ft increase in prices.

Don't count Harbour Island in a discussion of residential housing in or close by downtown Tampa? .......... Brilliant.

Orlando folks always change the terms in the middle of an argument.  It's the only whey they can win.  BTW doesn't this poster seem eerily similar to someone else?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just to note...this former Orlando resident considers Harbour Isle Tampa

Just to note...this former Orlando resident considers Harbour Isle Tampa

I was just flinging mud.