• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Triple...check your facts, the same companies are building in both cities. Most of the Orlando buildings were approved while Tampa's was still deciding whether to allow them or not.

They've been building condos and single family residences around downtown Tampa for years .... Good to see that Orlando is following Tampa's lead.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

ZBC while I am not going to get involved in the polotics of Orlando on this board because several of my family members are involved. only 2 of the buildings have been cancelled out of 10 planned. Will more get cancelled...yes, it's inevitable it happens everywhere.

Height restrictions have pissed off a lot of builders, but they are FAA restrictions because of the amount of airport traffic that goes over DT Orlando.

Triple...check your facts, the same companies are building in both cities. Most of the Orlando buildings were approved while Tampa's was still deciding whether to allow them or not.

No arguement here that Dyer is a criminal though. The guy is crooked and should not be in office. However he has not run Orlando into the ground like Glenda Hood did.

Well I can tell you the "mogul" of all things dt orlando is the biggest ***** you will ever meet.  I'm not naming anyone, but he owns most of the bars and is party to most of the development.  I've had a couple of run ins with the dude and all I can tell you is he must be over-compensating for something.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Triple,

Not high rise condos to this extent. Regardless, Tampa is targeting the older crowd. While Orlando is targeting the younger crowd.

ZBC I know who you are speaking of. He doesn't have very many friends, he just bought everything and now controls much of the future of DT. I'm sorry you've had to deal with him

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Joe

Tampa has 10 times the amount of downtown housing planned as Orlando, the most notable being Trump which has broken ground and is sold out with young buyers, Many projects that are already built include Victory lofts and Model T these are full of young people. I know these things because that is my job to build condos

Nuke, I'm not doubting that...Tampa has about 10,000 more condos than Orlando planned. They also are marketing to different crowds. Orlando is attracting more professional homosexuals (go ahead snicker...)

I was bringing up the point that Tampa WILL be moving all over downtown not just the Channelside area.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Joe

agreed in most part but Tampa is also marketing to same crowd(no snicker you are 100% correct), the older crowd lives out on the beaches, which is where I have had to work all week (during spring break) I love my USF degree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Nuke, I'm not doubting that...Tampa has about 10,000 more condos than Orlando planned. They also are marketing to different crowds. Orlando is attracting more professional homosexuals (go ahead snicker...)

I was bringing up the point that Tampa WILL be moving all over downtown not just the Channelside area.

The point to all this is that Tampa has been building condos in the downtown area for years, targeting young professionals of any persuasion. Orlando is apparent finally following their lead ......

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

My Wife & I are buying a condo (currently under construction) in Channelside.  It's actually right across the street from the USF building (which is where they held our ground breaking ceremony.)

There's all kinds of stuff going up down there as well as over in the business part of downtown.

http://www.tampasdowntown.com/residntl.htm

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Would be nice to see a "Miami Beach/South Beach" in Tampa... I'm originally from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and lived in Miami Beach for 14 years. Every time I go down to visit, there are more and more buildings going up (30+ stories high and a crap load of them). Oh and the prices of these apartments.. $$$$$$ Having that national “South Beach†publicity would not hurt USF in recruiting students. I see Tampa getting bigger too. Just like all things.. it takes time. South Beach wasn't "South Beach" 20 years ago....