• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jefferson football coach Simmonds to join USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

How did we play Penn St in Happy Vally.?

How did we play WVU at home?

We beat UL

We beat a pretty good Rutgers team

In the Miami game PJ threw like 4 ints....and we still kept it close.

Come on -- it wasn't that bad.

The UCONN game was tough.  I knew it was going to happen.  But I am telling you....this QB situation is not his fault.  What do you do.  They got behind a little bit.  Probably didn't recruit any quality QB's with Banks and PJ in the rotation.  I hope hill works out.  I don't know.  One thing I do know is that Rod Smith isn't that bad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

And we qualified for the Gator Bowl (A MAJOR BOWL!) but through contract clause the took UL.  We finished second in the conference.  

Not bad for a first year.

way more than mac can say in 3 years.

Lay off Smith

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

with every post you prove that you are more and more ignorant.

the miami game was only kept close because of our defense (the offense did NOTHING)

the big east is the best basketball conference in the nation.  its the 6th best football conference.  USF will probably NEVER finish 2nd in the big east basketball.

we finished the season 6-6 with one of the top 15 defenses in the nation.  that means the offense was BAD.  you can't fire players only coaches.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I mean ask yourself how many OC's would have won 6 games with the nations 108th ranked passign attack.

I mean -- give my boy some credit.  A little bit at least.  He beat the #9 team in the country.  Won a big game on the road at Rutgers.  Played Penn St. tough.  Even played Miami half decent if it wasn't for the terrible QB play.

I think he has done a fine job.  Would I give him a raise?  i don't think so.

Get Hill to become a promising star in the Big East and Smith will be in line for a head coaching job.

call me crazy.

CRAZY!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

great!

more help for our crappy defensive line of our crappy defense

when will we get new qb coach, OC, GA for the great top 20 offense?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

all the more reason to give him some time.

you guys have given mac 3 years and still want to throw him 2 more.

I am here to defend you rod smith -- if nobody else will ---LongDongDong is here for you buddy.

If you're really here to do that, why don't you inform us all of how he qualified to be hired to OC in the first place?  By coaching up the awful statistics Banks and PJ enjoyed?

USF has well over 30000 students at its main campus.  Coaches at places like Cal and Texas Tech have taken WALKONS and seen them improve to well above 60% completions and more TD's than picks, in ONE year (as freshmen or sophomores!).  I wasn't going to ask smith to do that.  But after so many years in a row of wretched QB play, with the best season being 51% completions and more picks thank TD's, he NEVER EARNED a promotion.  And he didn't show us that I'm wrong after the fact, either.

Give the guy a break?  No thanks.  The only thing that will break is our programs back from carrying this guy.  I really wish buffalo had continued their awful progression by hiring him away from us.

And just for the records, I'm not exactly impressed with our basketball play, either.  The only reason I'm not more active in that is I know FAR less about basketball than football (a sport I've played/followed a long time) and follow it less.  That said, the team has rarely looked good in recent history.  Even then, if we gave the BB coach as much time as we gave rod smith JUST when he was QB coach, we'd have to give our basketball program another 2 years of sucking.  You wanna do that?  I don't.

Smith earned a demotion as QB coach, and got promoted.  He was on thin ice in many people's eyes to begin with, and hasn't done anything but prove those people right.

Alright then, let's hear your answer to this.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

How about getting back to the topic of this thread instead of bashing Smith and RMC ad nauseum? Can anyone shed some light on this Simmonds guy? He seems to have produced some quality teams with Jefferson H.S., but what does this mean to USF?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

And we qualified for the Gator Bowl (A MAJOR BOWL!) but through contract clause the took UL.  We finished second in the conference.  

Lay off Smith

we didn't finish second. UofL finished second. we finished tied for third with rutgers and pitt. they were 5-2 we were 4-3.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

It's pretty obvious that people think coaching consists of nothing more then calling plays on game day and relying on pure talent. To heck with expecting a coach to be able to improve the abilities of the players we have.

Keeping Smith around means that we are banking our entire success on the ability to bring in only the best players since we have decided that we don't expect coaches to develop anyone. IE.....player either already can play at the top level or he will never be able to play worth a ****.

Guest BullsFans

Lay off Smith

Lay off the stupid pills.