• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jefferson football coach Simmonds to join USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Darron Rose ruled out USF a couple days ago. Its down to Michigan, South Carolina, and FSU.

Still 2 days left for him to change his mind.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

how good is the qb stephen garcia?

do we have a shot at landing him next yr?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

all we need is a guy who can complete a 10 yard slant.

nothing spectacular.  I think ponton is a stud, so if we can just get somebody who can throw a 10 yard slant and no interceptions, maybe we can make the gator bowl.

that woudl be sweet.  Would love to see the bulls on new years day.

Guest BullsFans
I mean ask yourself how many OC's would have won 6 games with the nations 108th ranked passign attack.

I mean -- give my boy some credit.  A little bit at least.  He beat the #9 team in the country.  Won a big game on the road at Rutgers.  Played Penn St. tough.  Even played Miami half decent if it wasn't for the terrible QB play.

I think he has done a fine job.  Would I give him a raise?  i don't think so.

Get Hill to become a promising star in the Big East and Smith will be in line for a head coaching job.

call me crazy.

Rod Smith        Position

2001  USF  Pass Game Coordinator

2002 USF Pass Game Coordinator

2003 USF Pass Game Coordinator

2004 USF Pass Game Coordinator

He is/ was responsible  for the passing game... it  has sucked for the last few years...it's time for him to become a head coach...at some HS.

So when we had blackwell our passing game sucked?  are you an idiot.

The reason he got the nod to be OC was because of how well he did with blackwell.

Remember back then our RB's weren't that good.  They were average and we tended to platoon a lot.  

Our passing game sucked when PJ became the starting QB 2 years ago.

He is the SOLE reason why we suck.  Our WRs our good.  Our RB is one of the best in the country and our defense is solid.

we have a total inability to keep defenses honest.

My man threw like 4 int against miami -- he threw like 2 or 3 against uconn.  he had like 13 or 14 ints on the year.

there were a bunch of games were he completed all of 9 or 10 passes.

come on.  show some love for smith.  he aint that bad

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

PJ became the QB when it became apparent he was better than Ronnie Banks.  Banks became the QB after MB graduated.  In short, the staff had Banks in the system backing up MB for 2 years, then had him in the spring and could not get him ready.  Only then did PJ become the starter, and if I remember correctly PJ subbed in for several games when Banks could not get it done before he became the starter.  

If he did so well with Blackwell (I think some of that credit goes to Canales), then what happened with Banks?  PJ?  Hill?  None of these guys could be coached to hit a short pass or make the right decisions?  This is the year for Smith, put up or shut up.  He has Hill, Grothe, Gregory, and maybe a couple freshmen to find someone, anyone, to hit the side of the barn and keep defenses honest.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

all these people who say fire smith -- fire smith  -- fire smith - fire smith are the same nimrods that support Mac who is a total embarassment.  

your arguement for keeping Smith is that he hasn't had any talent to work with....yet you call Coach Mac a total embarassment.  I'm sorry, but Coach Mac has been hit with 5 times as many personnel problems as Rod Smith.

you make no sense.  try actually creating a solid case before you argue and call people nimrods.  if you like Smith thats fine.  I agree, he hasn't had much of a shot because PJ sucks so bad, but part of the reason PJ sucks so bad is because he has developed any and the play calling goes against PJs strengths (the few he does have)  

Coach Mac has lost players due to health reasons (B-Mo who would of been the best scoring option aside from Leather)  Mac had to almost completely clean house with the lazy players that Seth left him with.  Then he loses his 2 best players before the season starts this year.  

Say what you want about Smith but PLEASE do not try to compare him with CRM.

my comparison critique with mac and smith is this:

smith has been OC for all of one year.  And I still stand by my argument that he didn't have that bad of a year this year.  We had some first rate wins at Rutgers and LU at home.  The people on this board have all the patience in the world for Mac and none for smith.  

I have always argued that majority of macs wounds were self inflicted.  His lack of depth is far deeper then injuries.  Greenbergs lazy players went 18-13 or so -- before mac came.  

Listen -- we went 6-6 --went to a major bowl -- beat a top 10 team -- all with a terrible QB.  The two calls that everyone is upset with is the quick snap at the goalline and the QB toss back at UCONN.

I can't defend those -- they were awful calls.  I also question why we didn't kick the field goal with 4 mins left.

One thing is for sure in my mind though.  Our offense sucked because our QB sucked.  He was terribel all year.  The miami game was the worse.  Give this OC a QB and we would have been 9-2.

Guest BullsFans
my comparison critique with mac and smith is this:

Listen -- we went 6-6 --went to a major bowl -- beat a top 10 team -- all with a terrible QB.

Two of those wins were against  FAMU and the "lowly" UCF

Uof L wound up ranked about 20th...we also got beat by the unranked  UCONN.

The Muffler Bowl a "Major Bowl Game"!!!!! What have you been smoking?

Who coached that " terrible quarterback"?...who called the plays?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

seth's players had a weaker schedule....

i think people are more upset at Smith's work as the QB coach as they are the offensive coordinator...but the way it works is you can't just relieve him of the QB coach position and keep him on the staff as OC.  being the "boss" of the guy who was brought in to take your job doesn't work too well it any field.