• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me crazy....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

This out-manned, out-talented, out-everythinged team is playing with real heart.  I think it all finally comes together this week and we beat Nova in front of a national television...err...internet audience.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

You're crazy.  But so am I.  I have the same feeling.  We're gonna win one of these really soon.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

With regards to the Villanova game this Tuesday, anything can happen. That's the beauty of college basketball, upsets are always a possibility.

Last night's USF/SHU game was a bitter pill to swallow. USF is an injury depleted team that was hustling throughout the whole game, and then three of its starters foul out with four minutes to go. The basketbulls played their hearts out. The fact of the matter is that we had noone to handle the ball when Seton Hall pressed us hard at the end of the game.

It's a reality and a fact that I have come to grips with. We just don't have a solid point guard playing on the team right now. Capko is servicable at best and Dennis' & Holmes' natural positions are at shooting guard.

To all those darksiders out there, instead of rubbing salt in an already gaping wound, why don't you just come to grips with the fact that you shouldn't expect much out of the team? Call me crazy, but my idea of a fan is not someone that kicks his team when they're going through obviously tough times.  You are all entitled to your opinions, but, **** it, support your bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Only one thing I disagree with Paisa. There is much to expect and the Bulls are delivering: Heart and improved play with each game. It's not like we have bad players. Our players are very good. They are just playing against other very good or better teams with more depth.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

When I looked at GameCast on ESPN.com (no Bright House) and saw Sol had fouled out, I knew what the end would be.  Just didn't think it would take OT to get it done.  

I, also, am proud of the Bulls B-ball team (this year and last).  It is a squad full of guys who do not quit....unlike what we saw in the Greenberg era.  It starts with a leader.  Now...would I trade Mac for a different coach at this point?  I think so.  Just not Bobby Huggins...time has come and gone.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hell... you give a walk-on a chance and some no name players a chance, of course they are going to hustle when they are playing in front of big audiences, TV, etc. The problem is, RMC can't bring in a big name player (who hasn't transferred from someplace else, or sustained a major injury in college), that can be productive. His lack of recruiting is why we are where we are. No one doubts the kids hustle. We darksiders doubt the coach has the ability to load our squad up with talent better than Atlantic-Sun material. I'll take my chances with the BB Waldon's of the world knowing we'll get our fair share of wins rather than being on here every night saying 'Heart and Hustle Baby'. We are not the friggen Devil Rays. If I want heart and hustle, I'll go watch a pee wee football game! I want a winner at USF!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

You better be prepared to put your wallet where your mouth is.  This guy is what we can afford.  I want to be clear...I am not a McCollum fan.  I think he has brought in reasonable recruits BUT there have been way too many dismissals due to the Bob Knight standard that he tries unsuccessfully to employ.  Kids are kids; they're not going to be perfect and I think there has been too much emphasis on an unrealistic expectation from him.

I kind of joke about the affordability factor but obviously, there's more to it than that but seriously...if you want to throw barbs about everything under the sun, you'd better be willing to step it up financially.

Interesting article in the Trib this a.m. about "only 5% of USF alums" give to their university.  That's pathetic.  May be preaching to the choir on this board...but better efforts are needed.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

you are great fans

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Villanova is looking pretty good right now against Syracuse. They are up 17 a little more than half way through the first half.

Villanova doesn't look like that have a big guy, so feed Solomon all night.