• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A reason you can't fully blame Rod Smith...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Smith ain't gone yet, he ain't going to be gone.  If he were going to be fired for poor offensive output and poor preperation iof players he would have been gone long ago.  

I think that story sounds bogus because when Canales was our OC we had a very potent offense.  If I'm not mistaken CJL was our HC back then.  Granted PJ is no MB however CH is twice the athlete even MB was and he has floundered.  MB was a Fr when he took over.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Smith ain't gone yet, he ain't going to be gone.  If he were going to be fired for poor offensive output and poor preperation iof players he would have been gone long ago.  

I think that story sounds bogus because when Canales was our OC we had a very potent offense.  If I'm not mistaken CJL was our HC back then.  Granted PJ is no MB however CH is twice the athlete even MB was and he has floundered.  MB was a Fr when he took over.  

MB was a "redshirt" Freshman.....

Guest tulderbull

I will have to say Leavitt is not the Defensive Genius many think he is.  Kravitz and mainly Burnham run the defense.  I was around the program a lot and Leavitt usually messed things up on defense.  He would come in on Tuesday and try to put stuff in and then on Thursday take it out wasting all of that time.  In the mean time the defensive coaches new what was going to work and not and had to do what their boss said.  He wouldn't tell you what everyone specific roles are on half of the defenses they run.  Yea he know the basics like who has deep on cover 2 and 3 and which gap in most stuff.  But he really doesn't make any of the adjustment or calls, or really anything of importance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I will have to say Leavitt is not the Defensive Genius many think he is.  ...

Check Puhlease . . .  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-/  :o

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Yea he know the basics like who has deep on cover 2 and 3 and which gap in most stuff.  

laugh.gif

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Wait a minute! I know the basics! I should be head coach and E.T. can be OC! Get Genschaft on the phone...we'll clear this up right now.  8)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

et- leavitt doesnt need to call play during game to have an influence

i am sure leavitt tells smith what plays to run and not to run before team hits field

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Wait a minute! I know the basics! I should be head coach and E.T. can be OC! Get Genschaft on the phone...we'll clear this up right now.  8)

well.....honestly could you be any less productive then our current group lol

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Like the show on ESPN Classic, I will provide a single anecdote that might - might - make you think again about calling for Rod Smith's head...

The coach called Smith after the Connecticut game and let him have it.  "What kind of **** plays are you calling, Rod??

Rod responded, "Coach,  Don't blame me for all of the play calling, Leavitt over rules me almost half the time."

I'm a little confused here  ???  "The Coach Called Smith in and let him have it?"   Which coach?  Only Leavitt has that authorty.  Then Smith's response "don't blame me, it's Leavitt's fault"  doesn't make sense?