• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Board will be hopping tonight

Guest BullsFans
I can only speak as far back as football was...  my first year here started fall 96... we actually had basketball homecoming spring 97.  Support was never great.  Better than now, but still couldn't fill the dome even when opponents travelled well.  The UF game was the only one that came close, but even that wasn't a sell out.  

My first USF BB game was the Bulls vs UF (was there more than one?)and I can't recall when that was...We were given free tickets in nosebleed heaven...Didn't really get into seeing 4 foot tall guys running around shooting a marble into a tiny net.

I have only been to  one other game also free tickets(much better seats :))...can't  recall the opponent or who won but remember seeing both Betty Castor and Judy Genshaft sitting in the stands...as I said I'm not a BB fan, but all in all it was better than sitting in front of the tube or the puter.

This year my wife and I bought  tickets for 3 BB games (1 for Women's team) as a show of support for USF BB.

One negative factor that BB faces in regards to attendance is that most of the games are played on weeknights.  

When I was in college I never missed a football game ( students had to pay for tickets) but despite good/very good teams in other sports I can't recall ever attending any of their game/matches.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Waters left for personal reasons unrelated to our basketball team.

Don't read the paper much, eh?  ;D

The truth gets in the way of good one-liners sometimes ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

"Re: The Board will be hopping tonight"

screw this board!

I hope that the USF Bulls hoops team is hopping tonite

I hope that the Sun Dome is hopping

I hope that the USF Fans are hopping

Show up and cheer on our Bulls tonite. Let this board hopp after the game.....

Exactly, Ty. Think what you want about Coach but if you're local and aren't going to games just because of that, you suck. The players are bustiing their butts out there (some for no compensation at all) and any support I'm sure would be greatly appreciated by them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Eureka sucks, Elton John sucks....but not my Bulls ;D

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

If you praise mediocrity  then that is all you will ever get.  

Mediocrity would be a  step in the right direction!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

nothing for anyone to complain about tonight.  (ok, maybe Capko....  but that is an easy target, the guy is clearly outmatched vs D-1 athletes)

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

As standards fall, so do expectations.  We lost.  We played well, but lost.

I saw a stat on ESPN that noted that the Big East has the best out of conference winning percentage.  It was like .813.  Of the .187 of the loses USF represented over half.

I love my bulls, but HATE MAC.  He shouldn't have been hired in the first place.  We are better then him.  All I have heard for 3 years is excuses.  I have a right to complain and moan.  We stink, we have stunk for 3 years, and a few wins in the conference tourny or a 4 point loss to WVU isn't going to change that.  I want a team that makes it to the big dance.  Our university deserves that.  I don't see this guy delivering.  Its been three years and he has literally lost more games then he has won.  This season can't end quick enough.  God help Woolard if he doesn't move this guy out of town.  He will.  I just can't see him not doing it.  Woolard has to high of expectations and expects to much.

I think it is a crime to embrace this sub-par performance.  I don't want to hear the excuses.  Its not like we were good last year and MAC got hammered with injuries.  We were awful last year.  We needed 2 late wins to even qualify for the conference tournament.

Ari Hinkelberger - who believes that "people who are good at making excuses are seldom good at anything else"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I love my bulls, but HATE MAC.  

I stopped reading right there...when will you learn?

No level of wins or improvement will overcome your HATE so why not find something else to do?

Your personal scorn overwhelms any opportunity to take you seriously.

Same thing over and over Ari.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I stopped reading right there...when will you learn?

No level of wins or improvement will overcome your HATE so why not find something else to do?

Your personal scorn overwhelms any opportunity to take you seriously.

Same thing over and over Ari.

The funny thing is that he says all he hears are excuses. I haven't heard one excuse from Coach McCullum, when it would certainly be easy to use them right now. I think we all know Greenberg would be using them in the same situation.

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

yeah - you are right, my personal scorn is substantial - so I will turn positive.

I am a big CJL fan.  The guy is the greatest thing since slice bread.  We are more the fortunate enough to have him as a coach.  I trust him more then anyone at that University.  He is very aware that our offense sucks, but he will fix it.  In fact i would rather have a great defense and a bad offense, then vice versa.  Offense scores points, defense wins games.  USC v. Texas prove that last night.  

So there you go.  Something positive.  You won't find a bigger fan of CJL then Ari Hinkelberger.  Rod Smith doesn't even concern me, because I know CJL runs the show.  If he didn't think smith was good, he would move him.  He knows he needs a QB, that is why he has such a short leash with PJ.  He will have us to a national title, way before MAC has us to a NCAA tourny

In CJL I trust.

Ari Hinkelberger