• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Board will be hopping tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that recruiting hasn't been stellar, although Mac has found some pretty good pickups... just not the quantity that we need and no "big names".

Injuries amplify this depth problem 1000%

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I will NOT be whining about every loss in the Big East due to the nature of the teams, but losses to Sisters of the Poor in Northwest Florida I will complain about.

Actually, they're in Northeast Florida...  ;)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

CRM should be held liable for recruiting...

Stills. a player with questionable character, over a player with quality character.

Markius Prekicus (sp?) for taking a chance on a player that may bolt to the european pro's.

Cann for taking a chance on a player w/a repaired knee if you consider what has been going on with his other injured or sick players.

Not recruiting another adequate big body to give the center a 10 minute blow per game.

CRM is a good coach.  His combined recruiting and injury bad luck are unsatisfactory.

Sills... a player with questionable character in the late period over nothing at all... no risk...

Prek... going pro... who would have seen that one coming?  Even Duke loses players to the pros, but couldn't expect Prek to go.

Cann... he still has 4 full years left after a red shirt... can't call that bad yet.

Depth of recruiting is not great, but those ones you mention are tough to call failures of Mac.

Guest BullsFans

and that is another problem with why our program struggles... fan support, even when we have had good teams.  

;D

Has this always been the case or just since football came on the scene?

I can only speak as far back as football was...  my first year here started fall 96... we actually had basketball homecoming spring 97.  Support was never great.  Better than now, but still couldn't fill the dome even when opponents travelled well.  The UF game was the only one that came close, but even that wasn't a sell out.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

CRM should be held liable for recruiting...

Stills. a player with questionable character, over a player with quality character.

Markius Prekicus (sp?) for taking a chance on a player that may bolt to the european pro's.

Cann for taking a chance on a player w/a repaired knee if you consider what has been going on with his other injured or sick players.

Not recruiting another adequate big body to give the center a 10 minute blow per game.

CRM is a good coach.  His combined recruiting and injury bad luck are unsatisfactory.

Don't forget all the time and resources wasted on montavious Waters, his so called "point guard of the future".  Great find for the couple of weeks he stuck around before he smelled this sinking ship and jumped off.

Waters left for personal reasons unrelated to our basketball team.

Don't read the paper much, eh?  ;D

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro, It seems like you and I went to USF roughly the same time. I would have to say basketball support was above average. I remember waiting in lines for basketball, albiet ESPN broadcast games. I remember one Dodge shoot out that was packed, it was the time a friend of mine made the half court shot and won the Durango, crowd went nuts. In any case, support for the program was much better then it is right now. Whatever happen to the "You Still Suck!" chant? I actually enjoyed screaming that even if we were loosing.

The You still suck chant is still done... there just aren't as many people doing it.

There were games where support was "decent", and of course it was better, our record was better and this city is full of fair weather fans.  Win... they come... lose... they don't, regardless of the reasons.

I remember that shot that won the durango... a PKE guy if i remember right?