• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College MBB Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I don't think the kid is eating Chipotle on your dollar, but I get your point and it is valid.  I know a lot of fans are frustrated that players want more, more, more when they didn't have the same opportunities.  Student/Athletes should be grateful for everything they get.  Whether we like NIL or not, it's the current model and we can embrace it or complain.

For me personally, I have grown to hate professional sports.  I don't even enjoy watching it anymore.  I like USF because I feel like the joy to play is pure.  I look forward to showing up and cheering on the guys who put on that uniform and dive on the floor.  Win or lose, I can respect that.  Or you can pay Ben Simmons 200M to sit out because his feelings were hurt.

College Sports is noe professional sports lite

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

I wish there was a bit of transparency in the NIL process.  Who is paid what?  At least then I could understand why guys are leaving.  This one and done thing is ridiculous.  

Meanwhile, I'm over here with an incoming freshman fighting for financial aid and a spot in the dorm.  Very limited in what merit scholarships she can stack and potentially paying taxes on it too.  The cost of attendance is crazy high (especially compared to what my older children paid for USF).   No one is lining up to pay a mathlete LOL.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

How true is this about Pryor???

IMG_4159.jpeg

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

IMG_4159.jpeg

Not sure who wrote this but I only recall three players being honored during senior night. Miguel, Placer, and Hines Jr. Think their facts are messed up.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I don't think the kid is eating Chipotle on your dollar, but I get your point and it is valid.  I know a lot of fans are frustrated that players want more, more, more when they didn't have the same opportunities.  Student/Athletes should be grateful for everything they get.  Whether we like NIL or not, it's the current model and we can embrace it or complain.

For me personally, I have grown to hate professional sports.  I don't even enjoy watching it anymore.  I like USF because I feel like the joy to play is pure.  I look forward to showing up and cheering on the guys who put on that uniform and dive on the floor.  Win or lose, I can respect that.  Or you can pay Ben Simmons 200M to sit out because his feelings were hurt.

Not anymore

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

IMG_4159.jpeg

Fake news. He was not honored during senior night.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

I wish there was a bit of transparency in the NIL process.  Who is paid what?  At least then I could understand why guys are leaving.  This one and done thing is ridiculous.  

Meanwhile, I'm over here with an incoming freshman fighting for financial aid and a spot in the dorm.  Very limited in what merit scholarships she can stack and potentially paying taxes on it too.  The cost of attendance is crazy high (especially compared to what my older children paid for USF).   No one is lining up to pay a mathlete LOL.  

I agree. Data regarding how much players make through NIL and who pays them should be publicly available.

These numbers would help us figure out what is going on, and where we are falling short. For example, how much money did Youngblood make last season at USF and how much will he be getting at his new team? What is the difference between what we can pay compared to other teams?

These numbers will help USF with NIL donations since now knowing how donations are being used and who is benefitting from them, I am sure is holding some back from donating towards NIL. 

The NIL is something that USF will have to figure out.

Verry disappointing losing Youngblood.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

So I guess I'm holding off on buying MBB season tix until I see what happens with the incoming portal guys. Was all in until seeing he's leaving.

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

8 hours ago, BigSteve said:
8 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I'll tell you this right now, I’m not donating $20 a month to NIL so I can buy some kid Chipotle once a month whilst he also gets a free education (unlike mine, which I had to pay for). Shut the whole system down, college sports are ruined. Can’t wait to see what happens to all of this over the next 10-20 years. The divide between the haves and the have nots is going to gape wide open until it no longer works. Are we going to be shutting down athletic programs left and right in this country and only allowing the strongest to survive? Are we going to begin merging schools? This was a mistake.

For me personally, I have grown to hate professional sports.  I don't even enjoy watching it anymore.  I like USF because I feel like the joy to play is pure.  I look forward to showing up and cheering on the guys who put on that uniform and dive on the floor.  Win or lose, I can respect that.  Or you can pay Ben Simmons 200M to sit out because his feelings were hurt

Everyone has to define what they think is right for them in their relationship with Bulls and donations.  While I was a longtime donor and very active in USF athletics fundraising, between the changes in the college athletics landscape and my own late-life transition in finances and interests, my donation days are pretty much.... 

Find Positive Change in the Rear View Mirror - Meg Salter

I will still support the University, but Bulls athletics is now just strictly a (hopefully) fun diversion.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

Blame me. I put down my deposit for my first ever season ticket membership (moved back to the Bay since graduating many years ago) and then Selton announced he was leaving. Did I reopen the Indian Burial Grounds?  

Oh No Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 2