• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teams opting out of NIT . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

"... bringing college hoops fans even more compelling storylines during the most exciting time on the college basketball calendar."

And let's be honest. It gives us even more opportunities to gamble, which is what sports is all about anyway. What, exactly is a 'compelling storyline' and what does that have to do with play on the court? Are we trying to be the college rendition of the Pro Bowl (which thankfully is now deceased)? The NCAA tournament works. It's phenomenal. Anything else is also ran (yes, the NIT is also ran). So let's try to copy it in hopes that someone watches, and we can sell commercial airtime. Like so much else in life that's really great, eventually - true - you reach a point where you've had your fill. Don't be the Mister Creasote of sports.

image.jpeg.672b317e8688091d94466128fb1a4281.jpeg

'It's only wafer thin!' 

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

So this what the NIT was/is fighting against ...... this is becoming a joke.

Hate to say it but both college football & hoops have already became a joke regarding the post season. Look at how terrible the selection committee did. No way should Indiana St been left out imo.  Hopefully they win the NIT tonight. No power conference should have more than 6 teams be selected imo. They won’t fix it because they only care about money. So I’m just interested in watching USF play whatever is on the schedule. I suggest more do the same.

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

49 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hate to say it but both college football & hoops have already became a joke regarding the post season. Look at how terrible the selection committee did. No way should Indiana St been left out imo.  Hopefully they win the NIT tonight. No power conference should have more than 6 teams be selected imo. They won’t fix it because they only care about money. So I’m just interested in watching USF play whatever is on the schedule. I suggest more do the same.

Couldn't have said it better myself ......

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

If you look at the Sweet 16, and Elite 8, very few teams outside the major conferences. Just San Diego State and Gonzaga. This hasn't been a good year when it comes to Cinderellas or teams outside the Power Conferences.

I  feel the selection process for the NCAAT seems like it was pretty solid  at least this year.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

36 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If you look at the Sweet 16, and Elite 8, very few teams outside the major conferences. Just San Diego State and Gonzaga. This hasn't been a good year when it comes to Cinderellas or teams outside the Power Conferences.

I  feel the selection process for the NCAAT seems like it was pretty solid  at least this year.

I would agree. Although indiana state should have been in, but they are the only ones with a real argument.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but do we know how much USF made from being in the NIT?  Did we get ticket sales, or does that go to NCAA?  Get paid by the round you make it to?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, KB said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but do we know how much USF made from being in the NIT?  Did we get ticket sales, or does that go to NCAA?  Get paid by the round you make it to?  

very good question. Maybe @John Lewis knows?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

I can look into it.