• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sell Out Tulane game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

22 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Biggest positive right now is that there are over 4,000 student ticket requests, which is more than both the FAU and SMU games.

Also, it's probably about 1,000 more than we were averaging total before the run started ....

Edited by Triple B
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, JoeB said:

Went to the SMU game and it was a blast.  I know it was listed as a sellout, but there were a bunch of empty seats up top.  Not even close to the FAU game sellout.  Students have showed up in force and makes that atmosphere a great one.   

This is as good a place as any to make this comment.

The "regulars" (season ticket holders) offer little in the way of noise and atmosphere. Watch the SMU game again and take note of the fans in the lower section.  Not a lot of them (apologies to our Mike Steuben) are loud or standing. That is our fan "base". It is when we bring the students out in number and some fans that come out because they are excited to see this team that the YC gets rocking.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

42 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The "regulars" (season ticket holders) offer little in the way of noise and atmosphere. Watch the SMU game again and take note of the fans in the lower section.  Not a lot of them (apologies to our Mike Steuben) are loud or standing. That is our fan "base". It is when we bring the students out in number and some fans that come out because they are excited to see this team that the YC gets rocking.

Yeah I’m ok with that as long as they show up. The long term STH’s have suffered through too many terrible seasons so I can see why they are still learning how to be loud lol. As long as USF keeps winning they will get there eventually imo. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

13 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah I’m ok with that as long as they show up. The long term STH’s have suffered through too many terrible seasons so I can see why they are still learning how to be loud lol. As long as USF keeps winning they will get there eventually imo. 

Or die first.. I'll bet lot of them are old people who just like to get out of the house to see what the youngsters are doing these days

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The next generation will save USF sports.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, JoeB said:

Went to the SMU game and it was a blast.  I know it was listed as a sellout, but there were a bunch of empty seats up top.  Not even close to the FAU game sellout.  Students have showed up in force and makes that atmosphere a great one.   

I sat in the 300 section and online, it said the area around me was all sold but at game time, my entire row was empty and I had room in front and back of me too.  It might have been the brokers buying up tickets thinking there would be a demand and then there wasn't, so the tickets were sold, but not to actual people who would come to the game.

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

image.thumb.png.65fbc559d33507dbdc6baa0a4e8d2639.png

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Or die first.. I'll bet lot of them are old people who just like to get out of the house to see what the youngsters are doing these days

The STH's are definitely a lot of old people .... who have gone for years because they just didn't know any better. It is getting younger, though, and should even more if we can sustain some success.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The STH's are definitely a lot of old people .... who have gone for years because they just didn't know any better. It is getting younger, though, and should even more if we can sustain some success.

I know one thing. I may be old but I’m still going to be rowdy & loud as hell.  

• Upvote 1