• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Opening Weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Baseball is back this weekend!  Should be some good games versus some quality opponents.  Friday we play our old conference foe UConn at 6PM.  Saturday we play another familiar team with Louisville.  Sunday we get Indiana State at 1 PM.  I believe all 3 opponents made the College Tourney last season so it will be a good test for our Bulls.  

Also if you are going to the Sunday hoops game vs FAU at Noon, you can use that ticket to get into the baseball game after that.  

Single game tickets are $15 or if you plan on going to a few games the Double Play pass is the way to go.  It gets you into all baseball and softball games for $99.

Go Bulls!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,123
  • Days Won:  56

Lots of rain expected this weekend, so probably not a lot of baseball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

Let's play smart from the start.   Go Basebulls!

The Red Pen: Baseball Quotes

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

For his sake and ours, I hope Coach Mohl gets the ship righted this year. A lot of positive things going on with Athletics this academic year, I'd love to be able to see baseball go on another run too.

• Go Bulls! 3

Good pitching in the opener but no offense - only a Boser HR - in a 2-1 loss to UConn

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

26 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Good pitching in the opener but no offense - only a Boser HR - in a 2-1 loss to UConn

Tuned in late but heard the announcer say Mink, Mink and the last guy (name escapes me now). So pretty good pitching. But left guys in scoring position a couple of times that I saw.

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Tuned in late but heard the announcer say Mink, Mink and the last guy (name escapes me now). So pretty good pitching. But left guys in scoring position a couple of times that I saw.

Yep, only managed four hits - and only gave up four hits. Since pitching was the huge question mark coming into the year, that’s something promising you can take out of the loss. The bats will come around.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yep, only managed four hits - and only gave up four hits. Since pitching was the huge question mark coming into the year, that’s something promising you can take out of the loss. The bats will come around.

Two guys struck out 4 times each with each striking out in the 9th. Guess there are no bats on the bench for pinch hitting.

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Two guys struck out 4 times each with each striking out in the 9th. Guess there are no bats on the bench for pinch hitting.

Yes, rough start for Jackson Mayo. He looked so good early on when he first broke into the lineup, but hasn’t built on it yet.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yes, rough start for Jackson Mayo. He looked so good early on when he first broke into the lineup, but hasn’t built on it yet.

Thought I saw the graphic that said he batted under .200 last year.  You better make EVERY play in the outfield if you're below the Mendoza line.