• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Tulsa Hurricane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the students were great today. The crowd was into it and for a Wednesday game on Valentine’s Day and Ash Wednesday the crowd was more than acceptable. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

I am too lazy to read the first 5 pages but this team is absolutely gelling, I have never seen a team distribute the ball like we did tonight, I realize Tulsa sucks, but we are balling,#go bulls 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

It would have been very easy to overlook Tulsa by looking ahead to FAU. However this team is well coached and there was no way in hell that this team would fall for that trap. Now the stage is set for Sunday at high noon. Sold out YC for with game on ESPN. Tons of people will be watching so USF has center stage. Amazing! This program is finally awakened…..

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,651
  • Days Won:  424

57 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

According to Lunardi, even if we win out and lose in the AAC final, we’re out. I say that would be bull feces. 

The odds of him being right are better than 50/50 ... We'd need a lot of things to fall right to get an at-large bid, with one thing being pulling on the heart strings of the Committee.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

It's probably still a long shot, but I feel like if we were to win out and lose in the conference final to FAU then we'll be legitimately considered for an at large bid.  

Edited by olafberserker
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I’m not too worried about the NCAA tournament yet. Still a long way to go. Winning the AAC regular season title & getting that #1 seed in the AAC is what I am hoping for more at the moment. 7 more regular season games left. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

42 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m not too worried about the NCAA tournament yet. Still a long way to go. Winning the AAC regular season title & getting that #1 seed in the AAC is what I am hoping for more at the moment. 7 more regular season games left. 

Since USF has never won a regular season title, that would be so awesome! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The odds of him being right are better than 50/50 ... We'd need a lot of things to fall right to get an at-large bid, with one thing being pulling on the heart strings of the Committee.

It’s late, or early, but if we win out in the regular season and happen to lose in the AAC Title game, then I can’t see how you’d keep USF out. Hypothetically, we’d have additional wins over FAU, SMU, and another win over Charlotte before the AAC Tournament. That should be enough to be in the field of 68.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

According to Lunardi, even if we win out and lose in the AAC final, we’re out. I say that would be bull feces.

I agree with the feces. If FAU wins tonight and then loses to us over the weekend, there is a great chance that we will crack the AP rankings next week. Even if we only come in at 27th, winning out would more than likely put us in the top 20. Then winning all conference tournament games except the final would mean excluding a top 25 team from the NCAA tournament. Has that ever happened?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,651
  • Days Won:  424

GOUSFBULLS.COM

TAMPA, Fla. (February 14, 2024) – The University of South Florida men's basketball team returned to the Yuengling Center on Wednesday for an American Athletic...