• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did we mess up Memphis basketball that bad?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  1

Memphis basketball team has lost 4 straight since they lost to us. They just lost to Rice at home. At this point beating Memphis is just looking like a regular win. That goes to show that the team with the best players doesn’t always win. Memphis has the best team in terms of having the best players, but they aren’t the best team. I think penny put to many good players together and they all want the ball not enough passing. 

Edited by Cmr3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

We broke their spirit with the 20-point comeback .....

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Yes! USF sent them into meltdown mode. This is kind of like when USF football beat FSU up in Tally & they went on to lose 6 games. Going to take time for Memphis to recover as USF set the blueprint..

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Memphis basketball team has lost 4 straight since they lost to us. They just lost to Rice at home. At this point beating Memphis is just looking like a regular win. That goes to show that the team with the best players doesn’t always win. Memphis has the best team in terms of having the best players, but they aren’t the best team. I think penny put to many good players together and they all want the ball not enough passing. 

You mean 3 straight since they lost to us? Well, maybe they were not that good to begin with. No doubt they were ranked because they knocked off 4 ranked teams. In looking at the ranked teams that they beat:

1. #20 Arkansas is now 11-10

2. #21 Texas AM is now 12-8

3. #13 Clemson is now 14-6

4. #22 Virginia is now 16-5

None of those teams is currently ranked or receiving votes. And in between those 4 wins, they lost to unranked Villanova and Ole Miss.

This is why I think rankings should come out after the season starts. Before I said end of November, but I am thinking week before Christmas now. This is due to the fact that not many games are played in November against quality teams.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Plus I believe they may have underestimated how competitive the new AAC is this season. Think I heard Memphis mention that their real season is their out of conference schedule. Think that mentality is coming back to bite them.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

You mean 3 straight since they lost to us? Well, maybe they were not that good to begin with. No doubt they were ranked because they knocked off 4 ranked teams. In looking at the ranked teams that they beat:

1. #20 Arkansas is now 11-10

2. #21 Texas AM is now 12-8

3. #13 Clemson is now 14-6

4. #22 Virginia is now 16-5

None of those teams is currently ranked or receiving votes. And in between those 4 wins, they lost to unranked Villanova and Ole Miss.

This is why I think rankings should come out after the season starts. Before I said end of November, but I am thinking week before Christmas now. This is due to the fact that not many games are played in November against quality teams.

Nope, we broke them is more fun so that’s the truth I choose to  live with. If not for our loss they were on a path to the final 4 for sure.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

We broke their spirit with the 20-point comeback .....

I’m good with that.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

We gave everybody else the blueprint to beat them. Like in Independence Day when the USA cracked the code and took down the first alien mothership and then gave the blueprint to everybody else in the world because we're the greatest and none of the other international dummies could figure it out. USA #1 A-OK ☝️

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

That's why those particular rankings are for entertainment purposes only ....... and we were entertained by beating a "top 10" team.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

42 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

We gave everybody else the blueprint to beat them. Like in Independence Day when the USA cracked the code and took down the first alien mothership and then gave the blueprint to everybody else in the world because we're the greatest and none of the other international dummies could figure it out. USA #1 A-OK ☝️

USF Basketball to the world:

hello-boys-im-back.gif

Edited by Ricky the Bull
  • Like 1