• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, panchosanchez99 said:

We lose by 4. Levy with 27 on 11-20 from the floor. Blasigh went 1-13 (1-10 from deep). Brito 3-11. Excluding Levy's numbers, the starting other 4 went 5-29.

We are now 9th in the standings.

North Texas was giving up about 10 feet to Wilson at the top of the key. This allowed them to play 5 on our other 4.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,955

I watched the second half.   One big wasted opportunity due to lack of clock awareness stands out to me.  Their defense was pretty good but we didn't help ourselves.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

I watched the second half.   One big wasted opportunity due to lack of clock awareness stands out to me.  Their defense was pretty good but we didn't help ourselves.  

Yea, we were talking and said the game would come down to one or two crucial plays.

• Like 1

Poor point guard play is what ails this offense. When you have teams playing 5 against 4, we will struggle offensively.

In Blasigh's first 9 games, she was 52-109 (48%), including 31-69 (45%) from deep. In the last 10 games, she is 50-149 (33%), including 25-89 (28% from deep). For someone taking that many shots per game, those are poor numbers over the last 10 games. This is what happens when your point guard can't shoot, which allows teams to guard Blasigh more tightly. Blasigh is trying to do too much being heavily guarded, and she is not that good yet.

For gosh sakes, put someone in at point guard who can take the ball to the hoop and create shots for others. Wilson drove to the hoop tonight and decided to pass up a wide open shot a few feet from the basket, as she often does. This is craziness! Put Aarnio in at point and save the season.

This is embarrassing to be picked first in the conference and to be currently 9th in the standings. Has there every been a worse prediction?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,707
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Has there every been a worse prediction?

Our football team?  MBB?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,148
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Poor point guard play is what ails this offense. When you have teams playing 5 against 4, we will struggle offensively.

In Blasigh's first 9 games, she was 52-109 (48%), including 31-69 (45%) from deep. In the last 10 games, she is 50-149 (33%), including 25-89 (28% from deep). For someone taking that many shots per game, those are poor numbers over the last 10 games. This is what happens when your point guard can't shoot, which allows teams to guard Blasigh more tightly. Blasigh is trying to do too much being heavily guarded, and she is not that good yet.

For gosh sakes, put someone in at point guard who can take the ball to the hoop and create shots for others. Wilson drove to the hoop tonight and decided to pass up a wide open shot a few feet from the basket, as she often does. This is craziness! Put Aarnio in at point and save the season.

This is embarrassing to be picked first in the conference and to be currently 9th in the standings. Has there every been a worse prediction?

Mr. Aarnio: I agree that Ariel Wilson is not the kind of point guard we need, but I’m not sure your daughter, at the end of the bench, is the answer to saving the season. 🙂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

Also, I'm pretty sure the pre-season first place prediction was well before anyone knew our superstar scoring machine would be out for the season. Predictions are often wrong. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Mr. Aarnio: I agree that Ariel Wilson is not the kind of point guard we need, but I’m not sure your daughter, at the end of the bench, is the answer to saving the season. 🙂

I thought I was Mr. Thompson. Maybe Amy is my niece. 

On a more serious note, we need someone at the point who can drive and finish or hit the open shot. Wilson can do neither and Asensio cannot drive and finish. But Aarnio can do both. In her first 10 games, Blasigh hit 40% of her 3s in 5 of those games. In her last 9 games, she has ZERO games where she hit at least 40% of her 3s. This, in my opinion, is due solely to the defensive strategies that teams are employing, which is to ignore Wilson. Even Wilson is not confident in herself. I have seen her drive many times where she has her man beat and she chooses to not take the open layup or short jumper and chooses to pass or dribble back out. And when teams basically say to Wilson, take the open shot if you want and she does not, it puts pressure on everyone else, including Blasigh. Last year, it was not so apparent because we had Tsineke who could take it to the hoop. We don't have that this year, so the weakness that Wilson brings to the floor is now more apparent. It is unbelievable that in today's game, there is a point guard that teams are giving the open 3 to and the point guard is either not taking the shot or can't hit it when she takes it.

12 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Also, I'm pretty sure the pre-season first place prediction was well before anyone knew our superstar scoring machine would be out for the season. Predictions are often wrong. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

And we are only 2.5 games out of first place with many games to go; however, things are not looking good. And I am convinced that as long as Wilson remains, we will continue to lose unless she can demonstrate that you can't leave her wide open. If you didn't catch it yesterday, go back and look how much space they were giving Wilson. Look at when she took the ball to the hoop off of her 3 pt miss and opted not to take a high percentage shot (no one guarding her and being a few feet from the basket). Expect to see every opponent giving her all the space they want. It's good that we don't have Iowa on our schedule; else, Clark would embarrass her by giving her an open lane to the basket.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

14 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Predictions aren't assessed until the even is over ...