• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone concerned Brown may enter the portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t blame them either it is a new world and nothing we can do about it.  I don’t know BB at all however he seems pretty grounded and trustworthy when he says he will be back, I believe him. I don’t know what it is but he just seems like a good kid to me.

He genuinely is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

If you're going to do it.  I say do it in the Junior year.  Then you can learn a system one year and maybe make a run at the next.

Or stay at USF and best the greatest QB of all time and still get drafted and get rich.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

34 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The announcers mentioned during the game the portal and alluded that Brown could enter after the bowl game.

I had not heard any real speculation of that until last night. Were those just espn guys talking out of their ass or is this a real concern? When is the deadline to enter the portal?

Geez lets just enjoy the past season for at least 1 day before we try to speak any scared or negativity into existence. A majority of QBs in the portal have the following -

1. A coach that got fired or took another job

2. They are a grad transfer

3.They sat the bench and want to start. 

4. D2 or FCS starter that wants to move up

5. Want to escape a bad team.

Byrum family is not broke or poor so money is not the end all. His goal is to make it to the NFL. If he can get a G6 team to the playoffs, he will definitely be a high draft pick. He has everything he needs at USF to reach that goal. He also had a chip on his should for the lack of recruitment from bigger teams in which his mother said to make them regret it. We have a great coach, a top 20 offense, incoming talent and an easier path to the 12 team playoffs than most P5 schools....at least for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

If he has a monster season next year, as expected, he will be gone. Money talks. Hope Izzy Carter is ready to take over at that point.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  244
  • Days Won:  0

He has said he is staying…we went 6-6…I don’t think he will leave…I think he puts up video game numbers throwing to Echols this coming year…then he leaves to a p5 😭

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Can we all take a moment to recognize ESPN is so predictable and gross?  

Just now, Bullsaficianado said:

He has said he is staying…we went 6-6…I don’t think he will leave…I think he puts up video game numbers throwing to Echols this coming year…then he leaves to a p5 😭

The grass isn't always greener.  Look at our people who left.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Leave to where?   A struggling P5 team?   All of the good teams have starting QBs and QBs in their pipeline.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53

8 minutes ago, Bullsaficianado said:

I wonder how many yards and TD's downs does Byron Brown pass for had he completed more of those long passes for td's earlier in the season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

nope