• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Football Commits for 2024

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Lot of work left for this team to take another leap next year - but I think we have the pieces in place. Continue to recruit like we are (another wave of kids transferring and picking up portal commits) comes after the bowl game. Timeline: 

12/20 - Early Signing Day (we may have 1-2 kids commit here)

12/21 - bowl game (expect a few transfers after this, maybe 5?)

2/27 - National Signing Day (everyone who wasn't an early enrollee signs their NLI, between the bowl game and this day will finalize the class)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

28 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Lot of work left for this team to take another leap next year - but I think we have the pieces in place. Continue to recruit like we are (another wave of kids transferring and picking up portal commits) comes after the bowl game. Timeline: 

12/20 - Early Signing Day (we may have 1-2 kids commit here)

12/21 - bowl game (expect a few transfers after this, maybe 5?)

2/27 - National Signing Day (everyone who wasn't an early enrollee signs their NLI, between the bowl game and this day will finalize the class)

12/20 I think you will get 15 plus kids signing on here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

On 12/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, Rocky Style said:

We need to shell out when the time comes.  We need serious investment for several years to go along with the new stadium.

$$$ alone will not be enough. If he wants to win a natty, he will have to go P5. It's sad, but it is what it is. Even if we could match the P5 money it wont be enough. We are stuck in the minor leagues. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Rizman said:

12/20 I think you will get 15 plus kids signing on here. 

Yes you are right the early signing day will be at least 15, maybe more like 20-25, and the NSD should only be the remaining players, let's say 5-7. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

53 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

$$$ alone will not be enough. If he wants to win a natty, he will have to go P5. It's sad, but it is what it is. Even if we could match the P5 money it wont be enough. We are stuck in the minor leagues. 

you are such a pessimist. do you ever see any hope for the future?

we have a better shot of making the playoffs in the "minor" leagues.

didn't miami wins their titles when they were in the "minor" leagues? what about fsu?

it's only a matter of time before a g5 wins a national championship now that there is access to the playoffs..

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's only a matter of time before a g5 wins a national championship now that there is access to the playoffs..

I thought UCF already won a natty 😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We can win a Natty here with the new playoff rules after we make our playoff run next year.

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you are such a pessimist. do you ever see any hope for the future?

we have a better shot of making the playoffs in the "minor" leagues.

didn't miami wins their titles when they were in the "minor" leagues? what about fsu?

I think we can consistently be the best of the rest. I think a G5 team may win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but its no longer get hot and win 2 games. Do I ever see a G5 getting through the gauntlet of this tournament beating 4 P5 teams on the way to a Natty? No way, those teams have 5 times the resources and depth that we just won't have at this level. 

Miami and FSU were in major conferences when they won. Big East may have been a weaker Major Conference, but it still was a BCS Conference. We were in great shape when we were in the Big East.

Sadly now I would be surprised if 2 non Big 10 or SEC teams won the Natty in the next 20 years. After realignment next year. The system is broken, and we are on the outside looking in.  I do think it the next round of pickups we end up in the ACC or Big 12, which will be a huge difference maker. 

I am sorry though, I see no AAC team winning a Natty, and I doubt you can find anyone outside of fans of an AAC team that think they can either. 

If Golech leaves for a better job, that is not 100% bad. He put us in a better position. Look at UCF they made great gains, even a fake Natty. Did their coach or AD stick around? No they moved on. There are very few examples of coaches that would not leave a lower level program for the opportunity to coach at the highest levels. Anyone that thinks that Golesh is staying here long term is fooling themselves. He will either leave after getting a promotion or getting fired before we play a game in the new stadium in 2027. Thats the world of college sports. I hope he leaves us in a better place than he found us.  

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

We can win a Natty here with the new playoff rules after we make our playoff run next year.

that takes winning 4 games vs. teams with much more depth and resources that we can ever have. Winning a game or 2 sure, 4 though will be very very difficult. Especially when the G5 team will likely be the 12 seed. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

that takes winning 4 games vs. teams with much more depth and resources that we can ever have. Winning a game or 2 sure, 4 though will be very very difficult. Especially when the G5 team will likely be the 12 seed. 

We are gonna do it!