New Football Commits for 2024

00Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, Rocky Style said:

We are gonna do it!

I sure hope you are right. At this point I am still waiting for a Conference Championship. I think we get that in 2025. Think next year might be a bit soon. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

37 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I sure hope you are right. At this point I am still waiting for a Conference Championship. I think we get that in 2025. Think next year might be a bit soon. 

I also thought 2025. But with SMU leaving, Tulane losing their coach and probably their QB, UTSA losing their QB. If we can get some immediate help on defense, we could be ready in 2024

We still don’t know who the league will replace SMU in our schedule with, but so far we don’t play Memphis nor Tulane in 2024. So UTSA would be the only one in our schedule that finished ahead of us in 2023.

But defense will be the key. Let’s look at who we get in TF that could help right away

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I also thought 2025. But with SMU leaving, Tulane losing their coach and probably their QB, UTSA losing their QB. If we can get some immediate help on defense, we could be ready in 2024

We still don’t know who the league will replace SMU in our schedule with, but so far we don’t play Memphis nor Tulane in 2024. So UTSA would be the only one in our schedule that finished ahead of us in 2023.

But defense will be the key. Let’s look at who we get in TF that could help right away

I also think we make a run for conference championship in 2024.  Mostly because of what you listed above.  Its sad, but it is what it is.  With SMU leaving our conference AGAIN gets weaker.  I'm only marginally okay with it just cause it gives us a path to a conference championship.  That's something we can build off of.    

And based on what we have seen this year, if the team gets better next year on defense, and brings in a big time WR, we can have a real contender for the conference. 

Edited by Chardizard

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,689
  • Days Won:  52

2 minutes ago, Chardizard said:

we can have a real contender for the conference. 

Do we play FAU and UAB next year?  Hopefully not.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Do we play FAU and UAB next year?  Hopefully not.

Well if we dont get better at defense and bring in a big time WR, we will not be beating FAU or UAB next year...I also dont think we for sure win conference next year even if we do those 2 things...we contend....see games you listed from this year as my reasoning for not being overly confident 

Edited by Chardizard

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

43 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I think we can consistently be the best of the rest. I think a G5 team may win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but its no longer get hot and win 2 games. Do I ever see a G5 getting through the gauntlet of this tournament beating 4 P5 teams on the way to a Natty? No way, those teams have 5 times the resources and depth that we just won't have at this level. 

Miami and FSU were in major conferences when they won. Big East may have been a weaker Major Conference, but it still was a BCS Conference. We were in great shape when we were in the Big East.

Sadly now I would be surprised if 2 non Big 10 or SEC teams won the Natty in the next 20 years. After realignment next year. The system is broken, and we are on the outside looking in.  I do think it the next round of pickups we end up in the ACC or Big 12, which will be a huge difference maker. 

I am sorry though, I see no AAC team winning a Natty, and I doubt you can find anyone outside of fans of an AAC team that think they can either. 

If Golech leaves for a better job, that is not 100% bad. He put us in a better position. Look at UCF they made great gains, even a fake Natty. Did their coach or AD stick around? No they moved on. There are very few examples of coaches that would not leave a lower level program for the opportunity to coach at the highest levels. Anyone that thinks that Golesh is staying here long term is fooling themselves. He will either leave after getting a promotion or getting fired before we play a game in the new stadium in 2027. Thats the world of college sports. I hope he leaves us in a better place than he found us.  

you sound like jeff scott. giving all the reasons why you can't possibly expect to do something.

first off , you can be a top 4 seed and get a bye in the first round. so no need to win 4 games.

Miami was an independent for it's first 3 titles. they played such behemoths as ECU, Cincy, Houston, Duke, Miss State, Purdue. It's laughable to suggest the big east was in any way a power conference for football back then anyway.They were a basketball conference that happened to play football.

ask schnellenberger if it was possible to win a natty at miami before he was hired. I bet he thought it was. Nobody else in the country did though.

Our resources are top notch. new indoor training facility. new stadium on the way with a dedicated football center.

we have a coach who can recruit. all we need is fans(or honestly even one wealthy fan) who can buy us depth. no problem.

Coaches leave even the best programs for new jobs. Didn't Notre Dame lose their coach?

you see nothing but obstacles. I just hope our coach sees them as opportunities.

obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - henry ford

there are two kinds of people: those who think they can and those who think they can't and they're both right. - henry ford

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

that takes winning 4 games vs. teams with much more depth and resources that we can ever have. Winning a game or 2 sure, 4 though will be very very difficult. Especially when the G5 team will likely be the 12 seed. 

top 4 get a bye so only need to win 3. cincy would have been a top 4 seed the year they made playoffs.

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

that changed in the last 2 hours. Now we play both Memphis and Tulane. 

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

that changed in the last 2 hours. Now we play both Memphis and Tulane. 

Yes I just posted that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you sound like jeff scott. giving all the reasons why you can't possibly expect to do something.

first off , you can be a top 4 seed and get a bye in the first round. so no need to win 4 games.

Miami was an independent for it's first 3 titles. they played such behemoths as ECU, Cincy, Houston, Duke, Miss State, Purdue. It's laughable to suggest the big east was in any way a power conference for football back then anyway.They were a basketball conference that happened to play football.

ask schnellenberger if it was possible to win a natty at miami before he was hired. I bet he thought it was. Nobody else in the country did though.

Our resources are top notch. new indoor training facility. new stadium on the way with a dedicated football center.

we have a coach who can recruit. all we need is fans(or honestly even one wealthy fan) who can buy us depth. no problem.

Coaches leave even the best programs for new jobs. Didn't Notre Dame lose their coach?

you see nothing but obstacles. I just hope our coach sees them as opportunities.

obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - henry ford

there are two kinds of people: those who think they can and those who think they can't and they're both right. - henry ford

You should bet on USF to win a Natty every year. If it pays off just once you will be rich. My argument is not USF specifically it is all of the non P5 schools. The deck has been stacked against us. I suspect once the agreement expires so will the auto bid for the non P5 conferences. We have had the playoffs for 10 years. 40 different teams have gotten in. (Granted many of those teams are from the same schools) Of those 40 chances for a non p5 Conference team to get in 1 did.  The only reason Cincy got in in 21 was there were no 1 loss P5 teams. If there were I suspect the committee would have left them out. 

CFB has been ruined by these bozo's. I honestly have lost all interest other than USF games. I hate FSU, but they went 12-0 and they found a way to keep them out for BAMA's $$$$