• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think this Mens basketball team is a 20 win squad?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Didn't see a lot of that. Saw a ton of uncontested swishes from behind the arc. A few lose balls did find there way to their guys but part of that could be hustle.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Wasn't the 3 pointers but balls squirting out of a scrum or a rebound that came right to a Bear. One glaring difference also this game, I think, were the mid range jumpers that they connected on but we didn't. I feel we did a better job in earlier games on those.

Think we saw the same thing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

So f*^%ing tired of this same song and dance. Shut down MBB and invest in football.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

You decrease your chances of getting to 20 wins if you can’t win the nonconference cupcake games.  Another missed opportunity. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Asking for a friend? I still have eligibility and can throw up 3's. I can miss them like the best of them.

As I said in my post last night, it is not going to happen with this style of play. We have the talent to do it but are not utilizing them correctly. Passing the ball around to find the open guy and being the first to hit the floor for loose balls is not going to cut it. This style of play is easy for teams to prepare for. Opponents would not need to worry about low post play; and they would not need to worry about individual players' talents. Michael Jordan on this team would not change the outcome, unless you utilize his talent. For example, for the first time all year, I saw Youngblood take the ball to create his own shot in the second half with success. Previous to that, he just waited for passes to come to him for open shots.

We need to utilize post players more, even if they are not that good. Jones can score down low and so can Pryor. Last night Pryor was the tallest player on the court and could have scored easily against their players in the post. Game after the game, it is the same game plan that is so easy to prepare for; and this is what we are seeing. We will continue to lose a lot of games if this style of play continues.

The 3-2 (and other) zone was perfect to fluster and frustrate  the Bulls perimeter offense.  It forced us to look into the paint - something we don’t do unless we have to.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

So f*^%ing tired of this same song and dance. Shut down MBB and invest in football.

Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

From one who has been a fan from (almost) year Uno.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

As I said in my post last night, it is not going to happen with this style of play. We have the talent to do it but are not utilizing them correctly. Passing the ball around to find the open guy and being the first to hit the floor for loose balls is not going to cut it. This style of play is easy for teams to prepare for. Opponents would not need to worry about low post play; and they would not need to worry about individual players' talents. Michael Jordan on this team would not change the outcome, unless you utilize his talent. For example, for the first time all year, I saw Youngblood take the ball to create his own shot in the second half with success. Previous to that, he just waited for passes to come to him for open shots.

We need to utilize post players more, even if they are not that good. Jones can score down low and so can Pryor. Last night Pryor was the tallest player on the court and could have scored easily against their players in the post. Game after the game, it is the same game plan that is so easy to prepare for; and this is what we are seeing. We will continue to lose a lot of games if this style of play continues.

So this isn't the same style of play CAAR used at KSU?

Y'all can talk this technical stuff all you want but we missed layups, open short/mid range jumpers, open 3 pointers in a game that was 6 points with a minute to go. That game was more execution than anything else, for both teams ..... we're only 4 games in with a team basically thrown together several months ago.

Translation:  Check back in 2025. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Translation:  Check back in 2025. 

Early 2024 ...